coastalfreak

Show us your first fish of 2022!

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Fishing & Hunting said:

Florida Jack!

3EEFD83E-5B2C-4665-843F-871A1094158D.jpg

69380C19-C0D3-4498-B0A6-3CBB70BDDFAA.jpg

I have heard that they fight much harder than Bluefish...  I'm itching to find out for myself  ...

1 hour ago, UncleJohn said:

I have heard that they fight much harder than Bluefish...  I'm itching to find out for myself  ...

Absolutely! Even the small ones give you a hard fight. Catching Jacks is always fun! 

12 hours ago, bmac said:

Hey OH, we're neighbors.  I'm assuming that's up in the Neuse correct?  I had to chuckle at your photos because a few years ago I decided to try the good old red and white Daredevil spoon in the surf for redfish.  My friend told me it wouldn't work.  He was wrong.  Nice catch.  

I was on the Trent, of course its part of the greater Neuse River.  I’m in Cape Carteret. I fished for an hour without a bite, looked at the Daredevil and figured what the hell, too early for Shad but you never know - cast - boom - Rock, for 30 minutes they kept hitting that spoon.  OH

That's great.  I fish the Trent fairly regularly from above Pollocksville to New Bern.  It's a beautiful river system with a great variety of fish.  I'm happy to hear you got on 'em.  

First fish of the year was a catfish for me. Won’t count that. Caught spotted sea trout, puffer fish, and Spanish mackerel after that. Won’t count those either, lol. Caught my first real fish of 2022 today. 16” Sheepshead!

53ACF2A4-F25E-4DF6-8A61-73A701B88437.jpeg

ADC032F6-0D5C-4E8E-BDBB-292001DBC14E.jpeg

1CD8B34E-F44C-4D06-9EE9-12CB299B773C.jpeg