Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HopHead

New Manhattan DA

Rate this topic

111 posts in this topic

I'm assuming you've all read his intentions?  Basically not prosecute anyone but murderers.  Highlights include not prosecuting armed robbery if no one was seriously injured.  Soros donated a million to his campaign.  How are we allowing these anarchists into these positions?  Silly question I know because they're "elected".

How does this not drag NYC into further mayhem?

Bragg’s memo also detailed the following instructions for prosecutors to reduce charges filed by cops in various cases:

• Armed robbers who use guns or other deadly weapons to stick up stores and other businesses will be prosecuted only for petty larceny, a misdemeanor, provided no victims were seriously injured and there’s no “genuine risk of physical harm” to anyone. Armed robbery, a class B felony, would typically be punishable by a maximum of 25 years in prison, while petty larceny subjects offenders to up to 364 days in jail and a $1,000 fine.
  • Convicted criminals caught with weapons other than guns will have those felony charges downgraded to misdemeanors unless they’re also charged with more serious offenses. Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree, a class D felony, is punishable by up to 7 years behind bars.
  • Burglars who steal from residential storage areas, parts of homes that aren’t “accessible to a living area” and businesses located in mixed-use buildings will be prosecuted for a low-level class D felony that only covers break-ins instead of for more serious crimes. Those more serious crimes, class B and class C felonies, would be punishable by up to 25 and up to 15 years in prison respectively. 
  • Drug dealers believed to be “acting as a low-level agent of a seller” will be prosecuted only for misdemeanor possession. Also, suspected dealers will only be prosecuted on felony charges if they’re also accused of more serious crimes or are actually caught in the act of selling drugs. That felony would mean facing up to seven years behind bars.

11 mins ago, HopHead said:

I'm assuming you've all read his intentions?  Basically not prosecute anyone but murderers.  Highlights include not prosecuting armed robbery if no one was seriously injured.  Soros donated a million to his campaign.  How are we allowing these anarchists into these positions?  Silly question I know because they're "elected".

Yet he'll continue chasing after our former president DJT. :dismay:

At some point, they have to follow the laws, dont they?

If someone got hurt, and a released felon did it, there would be a possible civil suit?

58 mins ago, HopHead said:

It does...any good that comes from Adams will be neutered

Good for real estate prices around me given I'm on a rail line and the 2 year plan....

3 mins ago, Dave588 said:

If someone got hurt, and a released felon did it, there would be a possible civil suit?

Who cares about a civil suit when you are releasing violent criminals?

What a pos, I wonder how the new mayor will react?

4 mins ago, Dave588 said:

When there's a suit, who's money gets handed over?  

That answers the question to EVERY STUPID THING a politician puts into law to appease a sector of the voters.  When **** goes haywire it doesn't effect them one bit.  IMO that needs to change.  

36 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

When there's a suit, who's money gets handed over?  

That answers the question to EVERY STUPID THING a politician puts into law to appease a sector of the voters.  When **** goes haywire it doesn't effect them one bit.  IMO that needs to change.  

Exactly.