codfish

FISH REPORT 2022 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of P town, "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

1,326 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, rst3 said:

If we do a poll, what weed should win for worst weed?

My vote goes to purple/brown mats of mung

Absolutely agree!  

12 hours ago, catatonic said:

I’m guessing it’s a dig at me but whatever……I’ve had my fill of fake news these days.

For sure on the fake news. That's where fact-checking helps. Just found some humor in the fact that, since you called out the misleading photos:howdy:, the poster now labels them as his own...:) 

oday    CCB weather
Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 8 kt in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
Tonight
SSW wind 5 to 9 kt. Patchy fog after 4am. Seas around 1 ft.
Monday
SSW wind 5 to 8 kt increasing to 8 to 11 kt in the afternoon. A chance of showers, mainly after 2pm. Patchy fog before 7am. Seas around 1 ft.
Monday Night
SSW wind 13 to 17 kt, with gusts as high as 27 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Patchy fog before 10pm, then Patchy fog after 3am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
Tuesday
WSW wind 12 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. A slight chance of showers before 8am. Patchy fog before 8am. Seas around 3 ft.
Tuesday Night
WSW wind 9 to 13 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
Wednesday
W wind 6 to 8 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
Wednesday Night
SSW wind around 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
Thursday
SSW wind 12 to 17 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.

Posted (edited)

On 7/15/2022 at 2:04 PM, codfish said:

A friend just sent me a photo of the stomach contents of a bass he caught, if my memory serves me right these little bait fish drove most of the rec tuna fisherman crazy last year:)

293129082_10100493138259916_3805030103077364105_n.jpg

Edited by codfish

2 hours ago, codfish said:

A friend just sent me a photo of the stomach contents of a bass he caught, if my memory serves me right these little bait fish drove most of the rec tuna fisherman crazy last year:)

293129082_10100493138259916_3805030103077364105_n.jpg

Is that a butterfish? We spent hours casting to school tuna last year for two hookups with one in the boat.  They were finicky. 

Guys on the troll did much better, but we weren’t I retested in going that route. 

4 mins ago, passiton said:

Is that a butterfish? We spent hours casting to school tuna last year for two hookups with one in the boat.  They were finicky. 

Guys on the troll did much better, but we weren’t I retested in going that route. 

I think so:)

21 hours ago, rst3 said:

If we do a poll, what weed should win for worst weed?

My vote goes to purple/brown mats of mung

Eelgrass is my nemesis. Where I fish in SoCo, a SW can be a very Fishy breeze. Unfortunately, a sustained SW piles up eel grass on some of the best spots. And that's clean water weed, not storm dreck that comes with dirty water. It's perfectly common to find fish under the eelgrass. But impossible to catch them in it.

51 mins ago, mikez2 said:

Eelgrass is my nemesis. Where I fish in SoCo, a SW can be a very Fishy breeze. Unfortunately, a sustained SW piles up eel grass on some of the best spots. And that's clean water weed, not storm dreck that comes with dirty water. It's perfectly common to find fish under the eelgrass. But impossible to catch them in it.

:th:

On 7/15/2022 at 4:21 PM, codfish said:

My brother just got back from looking for tuna he said "It was a boat ride"

Same for us again today on a friends boat  and a quite a few other boats that launched and returned the same time today. 

1 hour ago, ifishthebadspots said:

I take it the night was dark?

I burned that spot as you can see 

14 mins ago, bassmaster said:

I burned that spot as you can see 

I turned the brightness up, a few more enhancements and all I can see is a big green needle.

1 hour ago, ifishthebadspots said:

I turned the brightness up, a few more enhancements and all I can see is a big green needle.

Hint hint!