codfish

FISH REPORT 2022 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of P town, "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

1,326 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, z-man said:

Can you give a description? Are these the hold a sign with a sob story types or the try to sell you a flower type of gypsy. 

They have been mostly women with hand written foldable signs pitching for money.Most are at busy intersections like Independence Park.Chic Filet.BJ's Cape Cod Mall areas.

15 hours ago, z-man said:

Can you give a description? Are these the hold a sign with a sob story types or the try to sell you a flower type of gypsy. 

How about a gift card for a coffee? maybe that would keep them from drugs and cigarettes.

5 hours ago, codfish said:

How about a gift card for a coffee? maybe that would keep them from drugs and cigarettes.

It sounds like these people don’t actually need anything. They just don’t want to get a real job. In my experience of working in Boston and Cambridge for 20 years is that most of the people holding the signs aren’t actually homeless. Check out their clothes and shoes. Most are dressed nicely. The true homeless people have worn out clothes and duct taped shoes. 

Just now, z-man said:

It sounds like these people don’t actually need anything. They just don’t want to get a real job. In my experience of working in Boston and Cambridge for 20 years is that most of the people holding the signs aren’t actually homeless. Check out their clothes and shoes. Most are dressed nicely. The true homeless people have worn out clothes and duct taped shoes. 

Bingo! These are just scammers.

43 mins ago, z-man said:

My ex fishing boss had worn out clothes and duct tape shoes but he made millions,just saying.

13 hours ago, hotfishgirl said:

My ex fishing boss had worn out clothes and duct tape shoes but he made millions,just saying.

I don't make millions but I sure ain't homeless. 

My clothes I wear today were mostly bought for my by my wife when I was still married 12 years ago. They're worn out.

I don't wear them everyday but there just might be a couple pairs of workboots with a bit of duct tape in my closet. Why throw them out?

From what I'm hearing  sounds like exploitation to me. My guess is the beggers work for someone else and are there against their will.

16 hours ago, z-man said:

And literally everyone is hiring right now…..there’s good money to be made.

So, I worked for Stop & Shop in CT and would sometimes work in a few different stores throughout the course of the week. I would see the same people with homeless signs at 3 different locations during the week. At one store, I saw a brand-new passenger van pull behind a restaurant full of "homeless people", and, let a couple out, then move to the next spot.

There was a man in his 50s I guess, who would sit outside with some of us workers during our break. He would ask for cigarettes and would talk with us. One of my coworkers asked him to come work for us and he laughed and said no way! He then stated that he owns his home, has 2 kids in college, and probably makes as much, if not more money than any of us, Tax free no less. I wouldn't be surprised if it were true.

I never give them anything. My daughter rolled her window down to give a guy a dollar, and he asked her if she wanted to go someplace else a little more quiet.

In Worcester many of these panhandlers or supposed "homeless" are legitimate people. They're often your next door neighbor, cousin or brother in law.

They put on disguises, sunglasses, baseball caps, hoodies. Anything to hide their identity. 

From there they print up a sob sister sign, telling the world their plight.  Then a family member drops them off at their location, and they work traffic lines all day.  End of the day they get picked up with pockets full of tax free $$$.

I wonder if some of them are from the group of people known as travelers.There is supposed to be a large group of them in North Carolina.They spread out across the country using various scams such as the good deal on an asphalt driveway and other household fixes.In Ireland they are known as tinkers a name they do not like.The ones in this country are sometimes called American gypsies.

On 7/11/2022 at 11:46 AM, codfish said:

How about a kick in the ass ?

4 hours ago, b-ware said:

Thought I saw Joe G on Massachusetts Ave in Boston once............................

Was Burkie with him?

13 hours ago, catatonic said:

And literally everyone is hiring right now…..there’s good money to be made.

hey you freak, you get it