codfish

FISH REPORT 2022 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of P town, "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

827 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, ifishthebadspots said:

For some reason lobsters are the worst, I have a friend who had a nasty infection similar to your story.

:th::th:

Not fish related but ended up needing antibiotics. About five years ago went hiking for 3 nights, had a crazy pimple on my lower neck, was really itchy and irritated by the time I got back to the car. Before the drive home I popped it and "cleaned" it up with hand sanitizer and triple antibiotic cream. Thought it was all set until it swelled to the size of a golf ball. Headed to the doctor, had it sliced open, and got put on antibiotics after they took a sample. Not something I'd want to deal with again. 

CCB weather

Today
E wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
Tonight
SSW wind 7 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
Thursday
S wind 8 to 11 kt increasing to 11 to 14 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
Thursday Night
S wind 13 to 15 kt. A slight chance of showers after 2am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
Friday
SSW wind 15 to 18 kt. A slight chance of showers before 10am. Seas 2 ft building to 4 ft.
Friday Night
SSW wind around 17 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 4 ft.
Saturday
SSW wind around 17 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 4 ft subsiding to 2 ft.
Saturday Night
SW wind 10 to 12 kt becoming WNW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
Sunday
NNW wind 6 to 9 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.

I pulled a bonehead move last night and left my tackle bag at Coast Guard beach (Truro). My name and number are on it. Happy to pay a reward. Appreciate any info.

3 hours ago, mcnar said:

Turns out that getting stalked by coyotes is a good way to not stay out too late..

May have just needed some belly rubs. :sarc:

16 hours ago, T Man said:

I pulled a bonehead move last night and left my tackle bag at Coast Guard beach (Truro). My name and number are on it. Happy to pay a reward. Appreciate any info.

Where do you think you left it in relation to to the parking lot?

I can go take look.

1 hour ago, catatonic said:

I can go take look.

let us know if you find it

2 hours ago, catatonic said:

I can go take look.

I went back in the morning, no luck. Thanks for the offer.

6 hours ago, T Man said:

I went back in the morning, no luck. Thanks for the offer.

I’m there constantly so if I hear anything I’ll let you know.

CCB

Today
S winds 10 to 15 kt, increasing to 15 to 20 kt this afternoon. Gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. A slight chance of rain this morning. Patchy fog this afternoon.
Tonight
S winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Patchy fog. Showers likely.
Sat
S winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Patchy fog. Showers likely.
Sat Night
SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt, becoming NW 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Seas around 2 ft. Patchy fog. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
Sun
N winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming SE in the afternoon. Seas 1 foot or less. Patchy fog.
Sun Night
SW winds around 10 kt. Seas 1 foot or less.

22 hours ago, theshadow said:

Did you check with the Truro pd? We're pretty honest in these parts:howdy:

I checked, my name and number is on it. Folks are super honest here, the seals are the real thieves.

EVERY time i walk and fish along CG Beach there’s a couple seals that follow me and watch my every move.  They probably did grab your gear so they could try this meal getting method for themselves.  i honestly wouldn’t put it past them or be surprised.