codfish

FISH REPORT 2022 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of P town, "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

820 posts in this topic

I meant to say yesterday, some of the fish I caught were spitting up what I’m pretty sure are bay anchovies - do we get them north of the cape? Definitely weren’t silversides

14 mins ago, JPH said:

Were there any snuck along the beach yet with the jacks were there any glass minnows

Couldn't reach those snook without a boat. They camped out over a shallow oyster bed , maybe 100 or so on small mullet. What a blast 

17 hours ago, mcnar said:

I meant to say yesterday, some of the fish I caught were spitting up what I’m pretty sure are bay anchovies - do we get them north of the cape? Definitely weren’t silversides

I was on a south cape bay wedsnesday and saw birds and sporadic blitzes on what looked to be tiny bait - couldn't get close enough to see exactly what they were but that would make sense. Topwater bite was good!

Orcas are normally social animals. Are they known to swim alone, too? Are adolescent males driven from the pod by a dominant male, like lions do?

1 hour ago, BrianBM said:

Orcas are normally social animals. Are they known to swim alone, too? Are adolescent males driven from the pod by a dominant male, like lions do?

Maybe he was ostracized for his political views.

In Brewster for the weekend camping with a friend - biked down to the beach and spent  a little time fishing casually, caught a few schoolies. It’s pretty cool being able to see small schools of stripers roaming the flats, and lots of big silversides! All the fish on a CG J5

8 hours ago, mcnar said:

In Brewster for the weekend camping with a friend - biked down to the beach and spent  a little time fishing casually, caught a few schoolies. It’s pretty cool being able to see small schools of stripers roaming the flats, and lots of big silversides! All the fish on a CG J5

How big were the silver sides??

2 hours ago, codfish said:

:eek:

Hardest part is tryin to drag a seine by yourself. 

I've gotten some large ones on small hooks and bait, but they gotta be really big silversides. Like 5-6in.