codfish

FISH REPORT 2022 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of P town, "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

820 posts in this topic

5 mins ago, codfish said:

Hit the package store last night arrived at the beach around 6PM conditions looked perfect :) went to get my pole, left it at home:banghd:

Priorities. :beers:

53 mins ago, codfish said:

Hit the package store last night arrived at the beach around 6PM conditions looked perfect :) went to get my pole, left it at home:banghd:

Packies and fishing dont mix. :p

2 hours ago, codfish said:

Been there, done that.

3 hours ago, codfish said:

Lesson learned........Freshwater gear in the vehicle as ice goes out and stays there.April 15th,saltwater gear goes in the vehicle and stays there till Turkey Day.The only things that change is some terminal gear and cooler or clothing.

Posted (edited) · Report post

49 mins ago, theshadow said:

Lesson learned........Freshwater gear in the vehicle as ice goes out and stays there.April 15th,saltwater gear goes in the vehicle and stays there till Turkey Day.The only things that change is some terminal gear and cooler or clothing.

I drove two hours to fish a storm and arrived with no waders, no change of clothes. 

Long wet cold day.

Edit to add: that was a learning moment for me and goes a long way to preventing it ever happening again. 

Edited by mikez2

1 hour ago, Jighead75 said:

Going to hit the south facing beaches from Falmouth to Mashpee and Cotuit  this weekend.

I'll be heading Falmouth to Woods Hole on Sunday, best of luck!

Knew it was gonna be a great day today… walked way out on the marsh in the bay and caught a couple small fish, then a massive blitz started up and lasted for two hours! Landed probably 25 fish, got totally soaked and had waterlogged boots the whole time, and ended up with the first keeper of the year! The fish weren’t picky at all, but I did best with a bare bucktail. And the best part, nobody else was around :wee:

6C24500C-1A84-427A-9FBF-827EE1ADD1AB.jpeg

10 hours ago, Belerk said:

Caught this fish with some serious battle scars. Anyone have ideas on what happened to it?

C2150481-EBFB-4820-8EB9-540756B3B8EE.png

D25B795A-D7C0-4460-9353-DAD64A880AB2.png

Possible osprey  miss.

First light after thunderstorms this morning. Small jacks for an hour all alone watching the lightening go north. VS 50 on a st Croix 3 piece Avid travel rod. 

FB7F2D4D-D2BC-47D3-90E8-A93440937AE7.jpeg

8FE4921D-F8E7-4EB1-A858-5891B9C46C78.jpeg