Niffty

Dungeon Fishing Reports 2022

60 posts in this topic

Just now, Niffty said:

Yeah you've got that inland angle. When i finally make it into the swimming river club I'll probably be freshwater fishing more than anything.  

Shad are a lot of fun.  With the lighter gear they are more fun and aggressive than stripers.  Problem is I only know one method to fish for them and in one place.  Which is a highly undesirable place at that.  I need some tutelage and how to expand my Big D shad horizons. 

Went out during the eclipse last night. Fishing a danny in skinny water where I'd had some good hits the night before with no hookup. Same story. Large bunker, a few hiys, some attack splashes in the distance, but....

At one point at the end of my retrieve, just as I'm lifting the plug out of the water, a BIG fish took a swing at it about 2 feet in front me. Startled the heck out of me. It was quite thrilling. 

11 mins ago, Niffty said:

Went out during the eclipse last night. Fishing a danny in skinny water where I'd had some good hits the night before with no hookup. Same story. Large bunker, a few hiys, some attack splashes in the distance, but....

At one point at the end of my retrieve, just as I'm lifting the plug out of the water, a BIG fish took a swing at it about 2 feet in front me. Startled the heck out of me. It was quite thrilling. 

Was the eclipse visible?

1 min ago, fishless said:

Was the eclipse visible?

Yes, clearly. It was behind me but I kept checking on It. Saw the whole first half. After the moon was covered and turned orange,  clouds rolled in. I wasn't out long after that.

I haven't been out fishing much at all.  Moving and closing is on the 17th of next month.  After that I hope I can get out a little more frequently. 

1 min ago, fishless said:

I haven't been out fishing much at all.  Moving and closing is on the 17th of next month.  After that I hope I can get out a little more frequently. 

Where you headed to?

8 mins ago, Niffty said:

Nice

The commute is going to suck but got to think of the pros and not let the negatives keep me down. 

Launched the ss knot shore today. In dungeon fashon there was nothing. Nada. Zilch.

I almost limit out on sea bass the other day.  Threw one back that was borderline and it floated. Would have hit the limit. 

Slammed the bass over the weekend.  Got many tags out too say in consecutive nights Fri and Sat. 

Nice. I heard there is a really goos bite right now. I havent been out in a bit. 

19 hours ago, Billybob said:

We went fluking Friday, only put 3 in the cooler, but one was yuge.

And that's a limit.  :th:  The hard part is finding the other 2 that fit between 17" & 17.99" :thdwn: