Niffty

Dungeon Fishing Reports 2022

60 posts in this topic

Side note to sneaking into the areas I should not be, I do not bring others I only go solo, I leave no evidence behind to suggest I was there, and I respect the property I am on.  And I'm willing to own it if I do get hit with a fine. 

22 mins ago, fishless said:

That's really funny.  You should have said, well the idiot is pleased to meet you. 

Oh I told her. Apparently her husband replied I must when the fish are biting. 

25 mins ago, fishless said:

Side note to sneaking into the areas I should not be,

i used to freshwater fish in a pond that was off limits, private property. St. John's pond in Cold Spring Harbor. Great LM and picks, some 5# and over. did this for about three years on and off. finally i got busted, they were going to throw the book at me. i was cool, agreed with them, told them i am old enough to know better..what got me to not be arrested was i used to pick up ALL the garbage and broken line and stuff in the few little spots you could fish there. the shoreline was thick!  I showed them all the s**t and wrappers that was in my pockets and they were cool after that. it saved my arse!! never fished there again. that was also 25 years ago. GREAT spot though. right next to the Cold Spring Harbor fish hatchery. 

45 mins ago, Niffty said:

Cold spring harbor?

love CSH! great dock too. 

my younger days we used to take the John boats that were for the mooring boats out at night and KILL big blues. some bass around but the blues prolly bullied them away. bait, tins, poppers, deep diving big rebels. at the time we used glow sticks with our baits, and i swear it helped for the big ones. awesome fishing!! the fish would pull us around in the dinghies. 

sometimes the John boats looked like a crime scene, i felt bad when we weren't able to wash them down. 

15 mins ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

what got me to not be arrested was i used to pick up ALL the garbage and broken line and stuff in the few little spots you could fish there. the shoreline was thick!  I showed them all the s**t and wrappers that was in my pockets and they were cool after that. it saved my arse!!

Moral of the story for all aspiring young trespassers, have a plan and execute it to perfection. 

I sold my boat over the weekend. Im hoping to make a deal and pick up the new one this weekend. If i get it, its gonna take a few weeks of work before it goes in.

1 hour ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

i used to freshwater fish in a pond that was off limits, private property. St. John's pond in Cold Spring Harbor. Great LM and picks, some 5# and over. did this for about three years on and off. finally i got busted, they were going to throw the book at me. i was cool, agreed with them, told them i am old enough to know better..what got me to not be arrested was i used to pick up ALL the garbage and broken line and stuff in the few little spots you could fish there. the shoreline was thick!  I showed them all the s**t and wrappers that was in my pockets and they were cool after that. it saved my arse!! never fished there again. that was also 25 years ago. GREAT spot though. right next to the Cold Spring Harbor fish hatchery. 

I pick up so much garbage when I'm fishing. It's depressing. Sometimes i true a trash ag in my pmug bag for the walk back, but usually i can fi d a bag or two. Pisses me off. 

14 hours ago, Niffty said:

I pick up so much garbage when I'm fishing. It's depressing. Sometimes i true a trash ag in my pmug bag for the walk back, but usually i can fi d a bag or two. Pisses me off. 

me too. i don't get. the beaches are bad, but it seems that freshwater is even worse. 

15 hours ago, fishless said:

Moral of the story for all aspiring young trespassers, have a plan and execute it to perfection. 

true, and luck always comes in handy. 

I did a beach clean up about 10 years ago in howard beach. Parks dept hauled away about 5 pickup loads worth of garbage bags. Within 2 weeks all the trash was back. Shameful.

2 mins ago, Bergallmaster said:

I did a beach clean up about 10 years ago in howard beach. Parks dept hauled away about 5 pickup loads worth of garbage bags. Within 2 weeks all the trash was back. Shameful.

Humans suck.  Back when Oyster Creek was still open here in NJ I fished there.  Grew up fishing it as a kid before the innerwebs exploded and the secret of the place was out.  Mobs of ppl came in.  And I would bring a bag and pickup as I fished.  And I'd return a week later with another bag because it looked as if I did nothing 7 days earlier. 

I humped the skunk the last 2 nights fishing in the back. Neither were long outings. 2 hours. First night was almost unfishably windy. Despite that, I talked to a couple in the way back to the car who had a few. They had been putting in serious time. Last night were much nicer conditions. Each night had a tap on a sluggo. Needlefish and bomber produced nada. Tonights a blow out or at least more than I want to deal with. Probanly scope out a new spot in the daylight. 

I was undecided yesterday between Delaware shad, striper or crappie.  I settled on a long post work nap instead.   

2 hours ago, fishless said:

I was undecided yesterday between Delaware shad, striper or crappie.  I settled on a long post work nap instead.   

Yeah you've got that inland angle. When i finally make it into the swimming river club I'll probably be freshwater fishing more than anything.