Niffty

Dungeon Fishing Reports 2022

60 posts in this topic

Nite Bite is a pro at dropping in the Steve Martin memes on me.  Makes me laugh every time and then I feel like that guy doing the belly flop when I reread what he quoted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 mins ago, fishless said:

Nite Bite is a pro at dropping in the Steve Martin memes on me.  Makes me laugh every time and then I feel like that guy doing the belly flop when I reread what he quoted.

the Belly Flop guy NEVER gets old

Edited by Nite_Bite_00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nite_Bite_00 said:

Keep will GIF - Find on GIFER

Did something similar to that fishing a river bank drunk in TX. I've killedd at least 3 phones fishing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, Niffty said:

Did something similar to that fishing a river bank drunk in TX.

s**t happens. drunk fishing is sometimes more like drunk "not catching". losing the phones sux though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Years ago when we still had jettys in NJ I was tagging small fish in late Dec.  Strong NE blow that day so I was high up on the rocks.  After I stuck a fish it slipped out of my hand down into a pool in the rocks below that had no escape route.  I timed out several wave sets to get a feel of exactly when to climb down and how much time I had to get the fish out of the pool.  I found my window and went in after the fish.  Grab it faster than I anticipated and turned to toss it out and I'm face to face with a huge wave that was not a part of the sets I timed before.  Fortunately the pool I climbed down into was deep so I was not going to get washed off the rocks but the wave crested a good 3 feet over my head and pinned me into the rock behind me.  Snapped my wading belt off of me and I was soaked head to toe.  I climbed out and walked off.  There were 2 senior citizens on the boardwalk applauding as I left.  I asked why the applause, they said cause you finally got smart enough to leave.  Lol. 

Edited by fishless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i used to see a guy tagging fish every january into march at LILCO stacks 20 plus years ago.  It was a local power plant that had a decent warm water outflow and you would catch stripers in those cold months. any way he used a 7 foot large mouth bass set up, conventional reel and all he did was flip a 1/2 ounce soft plastic or bucktails against the bulkhead and bang out schoolies by the dozen. tag them and continue on. he had all his tags stuck into a 2x2 styrofoam pad he kept right next to him. ZERO personality he wouldn't even talk to you if you asked any questions about tagging or anything else. it was cool to see though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, fishless said:

slipped out of my hand down into a pool in the rocks below

same with me in Montauk, but it was my car keys that fell. i had no more than 2 sets to retrieve them or they would be gone. almost dislocated my shoulder but got them after the first wave.

:chug: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fishless said:

...cause you finally got smart enough to leave.  Lol. 

In the Adirondack a few years ago. At some flea market right by the cabin with the woman. They have some old fishing gear. Start talking fishing. Woman working say there was one lone guy in the lake in pouring rain yesterday. Told my husband "look at this idot getting soaked out on the lake."

:wave:

I ****ing slayed that day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

i used to see a guy tagging fish every january into march at LILCO stacks 20 plus years ago.  It was a local power plant that had a decent warm water outflow and you would catch stripers in those cold months. any way he used a 7 foot large mouth bass set up, conventional reel and all he did was flip a 1/2 ounce soft plastic or bucktails against the bulkhead and bang out schoolies by the dozen. tag them and continue on. he had all his tags stuck into a 2x2 styrofoam pad he kept right next to him. ZERO personality he wouldn't even talk to you if you asked any questions about tagging or anything else. it was cool to see though.

Cold spring harbor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

i used to see a guy tagging fish every january into march at LILCO stacks 20 plus years ago.  It was a local power plant that had a decent warm water outflow and you would catch stripers in those cold months. any way he used a 7 foot large mouth bass set up, conventional reel and all he did was flip a 1/2 ounce soft plastic or bucktails against the bulkhead and bang out schoolies by the dozen. tag them and continue on. he had all his tags stuck into a 2x2 styrofoam pad he kept right next to him. ZERO personality he wouldn't even talk to you if you asked any questions about tagging or anything else. it was cool to see though.

What sucks about the areas I fish is the closed off areas usually hold big bodies of fish.  I sneak into these areas often.  Like 80% of my season is spent trespassing.  I got caught 3 times in all the years and each of those times I explained that I tag, and there is an opportunity in this location to collect a great amount of data that I share with universities etc.  I has gotten me off the hook each time and twice they let me fish on.  But you need to show em the supplies, show em how the process works, don't insult their intelligence by lying, and don't try and hide.  If your honest they appreciate it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.