Niffty

Dungeon Fishing Reports 2022

60 posts in this topic

Based on the traffic we get in here I think we can manage one thread for the whole year. Do you guys even fish? :huh:

Went out front this morning. Got interrupted cutting out a windknot. Then I lost a shad body on the rocks. Saw one guy bring in one of the smallest rats I've ever seen. Then proceeded to photograph it. Hard earned fish I guess. 

Hit a different spot than I planned. Had loose plans to maybe meet up with someone so I changed gears. Might hit the original planned spot tomorrow in the light snow at first light. There is usually a sand eel bite there late in the season, but I never fished the surf this late in the season before. Or is it considered early in January? :shrug:

22 mins ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

i am done too. 

where are you fishing? state? 

I'm in NJ. I had packed up for the year but took out some surf stuff because there are still rats around. Some keepers too but I'm not putting in the time to expect decent fish guys time of year. 

I would do some togging but I had a good outing 9n my one trip and the budget doesn't warrant tempting fate with the bite being slow. A gust from the work winds might change that. 

12 mins ago, mitchell master said:

I saw a fish swim by at the end of the street earlier.I wasn't fishing,but I did throw a rock at it.

Did you hit it?

Anybody catching yet?

I went out Saturday AM. Got skunked, but really just got cold and came home to patch up my leaky neoprene waders. Nylon wasn't cutting it in the 40ish degree water.  Heading out tonight to hit the sod banks.

Stuck some tags in some fish way up North.  Trying to get some tags in the water in fishery that I've not fished before in hopes of a return to see where those fish go.   

That's cool. How do you get into tagging? If i ever get more consistent at fishing I might be interested. 

I'm planning to fish more up north this spring. I have lots of access; rivers, bay, and ocean, right nearby, but I think driving an extra 15 minutes will yield more fish for me. 

1 min ago, Niffty said:

That's cool. How do you get into tagging? If i ever get more consistent at fishing I might be interested. 

I'm planning to fish more up north this spring. I have lots of access; rivers, bay, and ocean, right nearby, but I think driving an extra 15 minutes will yield more fish for me. 

Berkeley has a tagging program for members of the club.  I joined to participate years ago.  Now I run the program. 

9 mins ago, fishless said:

:face:

That's what happens when I hook a 40 lber.