MC55

January 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

355 posts in this topic

There was still a lot of fish around this morning prior to the wind really picking up… and thankfully this storm didn’t drop tons of snow otherwise our local waters temp would drop a degree or two and be right at that point where fish go lethargic and bigger fish hide… so there’s still time!!!! 

18 hours ago, hurricane1091 said:

I would very much enjoy seeing a picture of a striper on a snow covered beach. Rooting for whoever can pull that off boys

Dec 15th 2017 my buddy and I drove through this, fished in snow and absolutely crushed fish. It was ridiculous. The fishing was so good I ended up sleeping in my van so I could get to work in PA on time. Due to the snow we ended up not taking any photos. 

EA4D11B3-4F1A-4542-A45B-B90818387877.jpeg

On 1/3/2022 at 7:09 AM, TinyTrout said:

To put it simply, it is what delineates the “back bay” from “out front” waters.

Maybe someone can explain it better, but I believe it has to deal with local/international boating conventions that countries are expected to follow. 

You can find a few interactive maps which will show you these lines online. 

Does anyone know what Raritan bay is considered federal or state and where the demarcation is if you fished the hook?  Is it false hook.   Or simply can you fish there for stripers in jan

28 mins ago, Baccigalup said:

Does anyone know what Raritan bay is considered federal or state and where the demarcation is if you fished the hook?  Is it false hook.   Or simply can you fish there for stripers in jan

Stay on North Beach up to false hook and you're fine.  Don't round the corner and start fishing behind the false hook. 

1 min ago, fishless said:

Stay on North Beach up to false hook and you're fine.  Don't round the corner and start fishing behind the false hook. 

Ty

Not great conditions out there this morning with the cold, NNW wind, dirty water, and surf pushing high on the sand.  Did give it a good try in two locations but came up empty.  Still think they are around so next opportunity for me will be Thursday.

Went for a walk down the river. Not as cold as I thought it would be. I'm gonna jump on a charter for tog on Sunday with my buddy and keep this fishing season going.

21 hours ago, suntzu said:

Conditions sub optimal by back at it later

IMG_7207.MOV

Hey Sunny, is this legit?

I get some weird message that I have to purchase and upload some codec to run it :squid:

3 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Hey Sunny, is this legit?

I get some weird message that I have to purchase and upload some codec to run it :squid:

Was just a short video from the beach during the storm. 

2 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Hmm, wonder if I have a bug

Not a bug...  More like you do not have the software driver required to view the video.   

I have the same issue.   Just didn't bother to look for the software driver to install on my computer