MC55

January 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

355 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, bdowning said:

Even with barbless single inline hooks, thatd be tough to release without some damage. But what can you do when a fish inhales it like that ? Sometimes these fish are suicidal. 

Maybe it was really really hungry.

22 hours ago, JohnnyK said:

I wonder if it was from a crab shed with the full moon?

Pic looks like the Asbury area by the bouys offshore. Could be sand fleas and crabs that where dug during the replenishing.

31 mins ago, jetty eddy said:

wow!  the surfers are having a tough time getting out. Must be real strong waves.

I checked the surfers report this morning and it was saying 11 ft waves...  it has calmed down some with the southwest winds and is now saying like 6 ft waves  ...   Still pretty big IMHO.... 

I don't know how big they are  or if height has anything to do with power but from swimming experience all same size waves aren't the same power.imho

16 hours ago, UncleJohn said:

I checked the surfers report this morning and it was saying 11 ft waves...  it has calmed down some with the southwest winds and is now saying like 6 ft waves  ...   Still pretty big IMHO.... 

picture from NJ this morning. Figuring that surfer is 6’ when standing straight, that waves looks every bit of 14’ on the face. Huge by NJ standards. Kudos to those surfers who made the paddle out and were able to catch a few. My out-of-shape ass definitely wouldn’t have made it past the shore break.

8B2AEF22-BC95-47EA-A7AF-65462A3E896D.jpeg

Edited by DelP

49 mins ago, DelP said:

picture from NJ this morning. Figuring that surfer is 6’ when standing straight, that waves looks every bit of 14’ on the face. Huge by NJ standards. Kudos to those surfers who made the paddle out and we’re able to catch a few. My out-of-shape ass definitely wouldn’t have made it past the shore break.

8B2AEF22-BC95-47EA-A7AF-65462A3E896D.jpeg

4F25E861-6304-46C8-B8D7-EB92788BBB7D.jpeg

That's actually insane. Nice pic