HillTop

2022 All Things Fly Fishing - (BFD annual)

Rate this topic

552 posts in this topic

On 10/10/2022 at 9:55 AM, Fergal said:

Chonker 

595D1894-17F4-4C30-A5D5-7DB4805AE437.jpeg

IMG_7385x.jpg

Nice job, I herd right after I left for work they chewed. Awesome fish nice to meet you yesterday 

11 mins ago, turkaholic said:

Nice job, I herd right after I left for work they chewed. Awesome fish nice to meet you yesterday 

Nice to meet you as well.

Maybe not right after you left but close....

An hour later today. I was 0/2 with a short distance release (another horse). Very sporadic action. I'll be back tomorrow. No sunrise thing, albie playtime only. I left today with fish still around, the dogs needed to get to the beach....

Block2022-222.JPG

Good times for sure. Had a seal on for a good while until my 50 lb butt section parted at the perfection knot. They are brave

20221012_145807.jpg

Last 7 days ending 10/13 WC Florida turned out better than I expected , gorgeous weather 84 degrees for the high had to wait two days for bait to show but it was worth it ,hundreds  of Lady fish &  small jacks , 1 Sm Permit and 3 Jack Cravelle best 34”

when the surf kicked up = seen the take about a rod length from the tip  1 sm Mackerel all from the beach best produce time 9:30 am 1pm sunny skies ( best moving water ) , one day wind was at 12 mph alot of grass  made one morning  Ft DeSoto on the flats produced 8 Flounder no trout ? Plenty of Mullet jumping doing their thing . 8w Helios only used two different  presentations one for the beach one for the flats . ( which I posted already ) why change ? 

1 hour ago, Fergal said:

some more from yesterday

IMG_7469a.jpg

IMG_7467a.jpg

IMG_7487a.jpg

IMG_7493a.jpg

IMG_7473a.jpg

Happy you got on them , for I have missed more days than being on them at a location . 

Not really what I hoped my fall would be like but ran a half marathon and lots of social events, so I am happy I had a glass trout rod in the trunk yesterday evening.4E411832-D0A1-4244-8E42-E1451C2B4ED9.jpeg.14a5d1d48efafd2b48ce3063d5ce4799.jpeg