HillTop

2022 All Things Fly Fishing - (BFD annual)

Rate this topic

323 posts in this topic

Bonefish Dick sure left a legacy of wonderful contributions and friends here.

As we wind down another year, time seems to move faster, get less done, procrastinate more.

Natures way of reminding us, we are all getting older and slowing down.

May 2022 bring joy, laughter, health and love to you and your family and friends.

Chuck Happy New Year , I have a bunch of going back and forths with BFD from The Cape & Sanibel Island. Fishing related presentations to environmental  changes and social events . Yep he is looking down on us with a smile…

The other Chuck 

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, KidDkivahh said:

And a Happy New Year to you as well and the rest of you mugs too. 

Btw HT nice to see your feeling better and back to your old self. 

Thanks Kid, Chuck, and every one else.   6 months now and I have made some progress though just as slow as the doctors told me it would.

I hope my typing is getting a little better, at least it seems to me :)  DR said that an average is the norm so let's hope four more months is going to be a big one.

I still have days when I can barely say anything in a full sentence as it seems there ends up with one word on ever damn sentence that I can't say.  Anyway guess its good that my wife is the talker in the family.

HT

Edited by HillTop

1 min ago, HillTop said:

Thanks Kid and every one else.   6 months now and I have made some progress though just as slow as the doctors told me it would.

I hope my typing is getting a little better, at least it seems to me :)  DR said that an average is the norm so let's hope four more months is going to be a big one.

I still have days when I can barely say anything in a full sentence as it seems there ends up with one word on ever damn sentence that I can't say.  Anyway guess its good that my wife is the talker in the family.

HT

Wow I didn't realize that but I promise you I couldn't tell you were still in recovery . Hey at least your still heading in a positive direction . 

Posted (edited)

The first Chuck: very glad to see you on the path (hopefully, a short one) to full recovery. To you, the other Chuck, Mike, Capt.Ray (right you are that nature always finds a way to remind us that we are getting older and slower, at least some of us and true in my case as I felt that a lot in 2021) and to all of you in SOL, best wishes to you and yours for a much better 2022.

Edited by Suave
Mistake

Had to get a few flies out of the way this morning , Used plucked zonker strips for the brownish one and Muskrat body hair for the grey one, Quick put a way of the furs cuz the kitties will reek havoc with them , Then trek 50-60 yards to fish.P1010011.JPG.1e20689dfa44c9cc665fde694beb202f.JPGP1010007.JPG.f91c465fefb259440d5f9822c008d89f.JPGP1010009.JPG.a3408fe62e9c02d57ab7c80449ae49cf.JPGP1010011.JPG.1e20689dfa44c9cc665fde694beb202f.JPGP1010013.JPG.83a18a2462284dfe08d8cd8e4329f4bc.JPGIMG_4992.JPG.aaaea67b770d81a91447e187a3394a3a.JPG

Posted (edited)

Happy New Year fellow fly fishers!!  This has to be the best annual thread on this website..  I have a friendly competition going on with a couple friends to catch a trout every month of the year.  Wanted to take advantage of the 50 degree weather to knock out January.  First fish of the new year was a 20-inch tiger landed on the 2 wt euro rod.  Good start to the new year.

20220101_144040.jpg

20220101_144100.jpg

Edited by MikeK

3 hours ago, MikeK said:

Happy New Year fellow fly fishers!!  This has to be the best annual thread on this website..  I have a friendly competition going on with a couple friends to catch a trout every month of the year.  Wanted to take advantage of the 50 degree weather to knock out January.  First fish of the new year was a 20-inch tiger landed on the 2 wt euro rod.  Good start to the new year.

20220101_144040.jpg

20220101_144100.jpg

Man, thats a pretty fish

1 hour ago, Foureel said:

Man, thats a pretty fish

Thanks.  Love the tiger patterns and how each fish is unique.  They also  fight like brutes.

4 hours ago, MikeK said:

20220101_144040.jpg

20220101_144100.jpg

That’s one hell of a way to get the year started! 

Tough first day of the year for me. Hooked a couple whitefish that got mauled by bull trout but couldn’t get any to commit to the streamer. Pretty day before the next round of storms roll in tonight. 

Hooked somebody’s badass tie too. October caddis complete with gravel husk. 

930E9F40-AAEC-4D5C-91B3-E0C2517E55ED.jpeg

C6242F39-B899-4DE0-BAC7-888442CF1A4E.jpeg