New MA HuntFish site

Rate this topic

stinky1

29 mins ago, stinky1 said:

Did you purchase on a computer or smartphone? Im just curious if that is the ticket.

Computer. 

Didn't actually buy anything yet, just signed up for the account. But I can see this years licenses as well a previous year's .

I'll have mine on the rocks.

Had a lot of glitches when they started it. They have been working on it everyday since with feedback from reps. Lots of problems had to do with sporting and hunting license for 2022 year not printing tags and so forth. Instead it would only print the 2021 tags

The harvest history in your profile was deleted in the new platform. That is kind of a bummer it was just a list you could see of deer and turkeys you have tagged in over the years. If the auto renew works properly that will be cool. The pop ups after clicking every permit is annoying. Over all I think the site is worse off than before but thats typically the way it goes in MA. I still miss the printed out colored licenses and metal deer tags for every harvest. 

The Best Day to go fishing is any day that ends in Y

Really surprised about how much hue and cry over this.

I'm the least computer savvy ole Luddite that ever swore at a computer screen and I blew through the process without a hitch.

I did my NH license right after and found it very similar. Neither one frustrated me at all, and I'm famous for getting frustrated by computer stuff.

I did both licenses at my desk on my lunch break, including creating a new account for the Ma site, printed everything out, and still had time to eat my lunch.

I'd say that's infinitely better than waiting in line at Walmart in two different states on my day off when I could be fishing. 

One thing I have learned is these things rarely work well on a phone. Dealing with my professional licenses, I have found it's not worth doing applications or renewals on a mobile device. Hence doing it at work. All I got at home are mobile devices. 

I can see why it might be a problem for those that don't have access to a PC.

On 12/29/2021 at 10:57 AM, ged said:

Unique email for each account, which is a pain for those who purchase a license for a youth. 

not that this was easy to figure out, and the overall layout of the new system is a pain, but you can merge accounts/id's under one "primary account" so you can do everything from a single login. I setup my account and merged my wife's and both of my parents under mine as the primary as I am the sucker who renews everyone else's licenses for them. 

On 1/2/2022 at 8:20 AM, CcCstriper89 said:

The harvest history in your profile was deleted in the new platform. That is kind of a bummer it was just a list you could see of deer and turkeys you have tagged in over the years. If the auto renew works properly that will be cool. The pop ups after clicking every permit is annoying. Over all I think the site is worse off than before but thats typically the way it goes in MA. I still miss the printed out colored licenses and metal deer tags for every harvest. 

Being able to buy a license online is convenient, but I'm with you.  I miss the old way of buying your license in person. Getting a hand written licence, signature on the bottom. Place it in one of those heavy plastic license holders.

I enjoyed taking my deer or turkey to a check in station, getting the metal tag.

The whole process now is rather impersonal.

The Sultan of Sluggo

35 mins ago, bob_G said:

Being able to buy a license online is convenient, but I'm with you.  I miss the old way of buying your license in person. Getting a hand written licence, signature on the bottom. Place it in one of those heavy plastic license holders.

I enjoyed taking my deer or turkey to a check in station, getting the metal tag.

I was gonna say, I miss those red license holders you got every year with your license.......

2 hours ago, bob_G said:

I like it when I get a deer the first week of shotgun season. Still need to take it to the check station. My wife's cousin is always working one of them. He lives one town over but that's usually the only time I see him.  

I'll have mine on the rocks.

1 min ago, Eagles Dare said:

I like it when I get a deer the first week of shotgun season. Still need to take it to the check station. My wife's cousin is always working one of them. He lives one town over but that's usually the only time I see him.  

Two deer checking stations really stand out in my mind.

The one on Barre Commons was super cool. 50-75 people would hang around all day and wel l into the evening. Waiting for hunters to bring in their deer. The Worc Telegram would have a photographer there on opening day taking photos.

The other was in the rest area in Great Barrington. Cars and trucks would line up 50 deep waiting to check in deer. Really nice times, will always remember them.

The Sultan of Sluggo

I just bought my licenses. Pretty simple and my info carried over from last year. My only complaint is why do the licenses need to be so big and why is the freshwater license twice as big as the saltwater. You have to fold the thing four times to fit it in a wallet. I get licenses for quite a few states and my wallet looks like George Costanza’s with all these folded papers in it.