Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cheeckakoe

Beach Replenishment Deal to Lock Arbor

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Wow I can’t even believe how much they ruined that whole area… and for what? It makes no sense- most of the houses are high up… and if they wanted more beach to sit on- then why do they restrict parking? 

anyways very sad to see. That used to be like the one beach around that just felt different- like natural. I haven’t really been in that area (deal) since Sandy and I don’t know if I really want to see it now. 

many many many memories of surfing and fishing that area. The fishing was always fantastic, always good. I used to surf that whole area all the time too, in fact the first time I got a barrel on a bigger 10-12ft wave was there at lock arbor - all the way in from way outside of the tip the jetty… still remember that ride… man I really miss that -but really have no inclination to see it now. I just can’t even imagine seeing all that sand. Heck a majority of those spots- at high tide- the water would be right up against rocks and bulkheads. Hey anyone remember the Serian surf club? Lol 

On 12/29/2021 at 11:49 AM, adams54 said:

Heartbreaking. I bet theres a few happy non resident super wealthy beach front Frank Pallone Donors 

FIFY

On 12/29/2021 at 8:55 AM, Cheeckakoe said:

Part of the $24 Million Beach replenishment Started full speed, Those who Fished some of those Jettys especially the 8th Ave will now lose them. The 8th Ave being to one that will be filled up to how far out will be a wait and see. I gathered the Photos I could not get out in person. Those who fish the 8th ave can recognize it right on the Border

You can see it live on Live Cams Nj Beaches 

post jetty.jpg

download.jpg

I0000CyD0ctp6XSw.jpg

a45129a6c37e3c6caf507e09f256a66e.jpg

35553589001_5454707095001_5454693453001-vs.jpg

They blocking the flume ? I've haven't fished 8th ave for years. Use to spend my vacation in the parking lot.

Posted (edited) · Report post

10 hours ago, shbeachbum said:

They blocking the flume ? I've haven't fished 8th ave for years. Use to spend my vacation in the parking lot.

The Flume was part of the replenishment years ago completely rebuilt & extended, The Parking lot and area have been bought by Asbury and preserved from development & has improvements like Free Parking- Restrooms- Landscaping Park-like. There are Swiming and NO Swiming areas a Surfing only area Fishing Allowed 

Did I leave out  Sept until May it is Called Bradly Cove DOG Parl off-leash? 

The Lake also had some dredging & wall repairs 

Abury+Park+North+End+Boardwalk.png

o.jpg

Edited by Cheeckakoe

Posted (edited) · Report post

From what I can see on Earth Cam from 8th ave North to the next Jetty is complete without burying either Jetty seems they just Raised the Beach 

Edited by Cheeckakoe

Took a ride from Allenhurst up to the Pump House in Deal, the north end of where they have pumped new sand. Hathaway jetty is completely buried except for a couple of exposed rocks at the end. Darlington is partially buried, as are several of the other jetties. They are working at Whitehall. On several of the beaches you need a guide and a camel to get to the water! Went to go on the beach at my old stomping grounds at Garfield in Elberon, but there is now a locked gate with a sign that you have to write to a certain address if you are a fisherman. I'm guessing they want to have you sign a waiver or some other BS thing to access the beach to fish. You need a code for the lock. 

Good memories of the old unburied Garfield jetty. Jimmy Tober and I did a lot of fishing there, along with Bruno, Jimmy McPherson, Dave Hill, Teddy Genola, Nick Luna and a host of other characters. First met Blind Squirl and Fishless at that jetty. Some memorable blitzes in the cove on the north side.