Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DMacLeod

Kudos to Leupold

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I decided to switch my VX 6 over to my usual deer rifle today after taking it off the 300 win mag.    My Tikka is a .308 so the CDS won't match.    I went on to the Leupold site and entered some info for a new turret.   Then hit my shopping cart and found it is no charge.   Talk about great customer service.  I was expecting to pay for it as they sent me this one a couple of years ago when I put it on the 300.

 

The win mag has a different scope now but if I was looking for a new one I would buy it direct from Leupold as their VIP program is great and worth looking in to.

IMG_0614.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting.

 

Leupold was making scopes for the military, for awhile.  Are they still doing so? And are any of their civilian scopes made in the USA anymore?

 

I have a nice pair of their 8x42 binoculars with the Golden Ring, that I use for birding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Interesting.

 

Leupold was making scopes for the military, for awhile.  Are they still doing so? And are any of their civilian scopes made in the USA anymore?

 

I have a nice pair of their 8x42 binoculars with the Golden Ring, that I use for birding.

Leupold is still made in Oregon.  There are some counterfeits coming out of China though.   When I put in for the new CDS I had to enter the serial # so they could verify it.    Not sure if they do their own glass or if that part comes from Japan. 

 

As far as other scopes made in the US go I think Vortex has some models made here with others coming in from overseas. 

I'm also not sure what the military is using now but think it may be Nightforce (made in Japan)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I lived in Alaska I and a buddy were doing a drop hunt .We were crossing a creek when he spotted something in the water and asked for my wading staff and used it to retrieve it , Well it was a Remington 700 in 7mm Mag , With a Leupold 2.5X8 on it . It was well scrubbed by the sand and silt , He took it home took it out of the stock witch was twisted and swollen but the barreled action was in okay shape ,no rust . Now the scope you couldn't see into and we couldn't tell if it had any water in it , So I told him to send it in and see if they would repair it , So he did and got a letter from them saying they would replace with a new scope one grade down or rebuild this one with new everything but they won't refinish it , He said rebuild it and that way he could tell the story . He had a local refinish the rifle with a worn look at got a fiberglass stock . That rifle was always the subject of a campfire story . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got Leupolds on Sako 222, A-Bolt .270, Weatherby .338,  Rem870 slug gun, Remington pump .35 Rem, Remington POS .308  and a bunch of others.

 

Never had one fog or fail.

Edited by Jeff270

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never had one fog either the only thing I had to send one back for actually 2 scopes was that the eleven frozen in place,  They said that's not uncommon if they don't get moved for years.  So ever since I take all to the range and adjust as needed to keep them free .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2021 at 11:16 AM, jolly mon said:

When I lived in Alaska I and a buddy were doing a drop hunt .We were crossing a creek when he spotted something in the water and asked for my wading staff and used it to retrieve it , Well it was a Remington 700 in 7mm Mag , With a Leupold 2.5X8 on it . It was well scrubbed by the sand and silt , He took it home took it out of the stock witch was twisted and swollen but the barreled action was in okay shape ,no rust . Now the scope you couldn't see into and we couldn't tell if it had any water in it , So I told him to send it in and see if they would repair it , So he did and got a letter from them saying they would replace with a new scope one grade down or rebuild this one with new everything but they won't refinish it , He said rebuild it and that way he could tell the story . He had a local refinish the rifle with a worn look at got a fiberglass stock . That rifle was always the subject of a campfire story . 

How well did it shoot?  It IS a good story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BrianBM said:

How well did it shoot?  It IS a good story.

After he replaced the stock it was a good shooter.  I tried to trade him out of it but it was a no go , I was going to rebarrel it to 338 Win Mag to make it more useful for Alaska hunting. And then Remington didn't offer a 700 in that  cal since in was a Winchester caliber.  I got a Ruger 77RS in 338 Win Mag for almost all of my big game hunting up there. It's a really versatile caliber. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leupold has excellent customer service. I bought a VXii 3 x 9 x 40 and it had a small piece of debris inside the tube. Sent it back and they also sent a pair of flip up scope covers to boot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.