pequa11

Poachers

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Call 1-844-DEC-ECOS (1-844-332-3267) to report poaching and polluting complaints to a DEC dispatcher. They are open 24/7

This is my PSA for today.   Getting sick and tired of people complaining about the bucket brigades and doing nothing about it.  

You have a phone.   Put it into your contacts !    If they are not short handed they will show up.  Thank you and Happy New Year.

4 hours ago, pequa11 said:

Getting sick and tired of people complaining about the bucket brigades and doing nothing about it.

I have absolutely no problem running my wise a$$ mouth to people AND THEN calling the #

Thank you for posting and making a solid point!

I try to get the number of the DEC officers that patrols the area that I fish regularly. A quick text to them and they'll respond pretty quickly or have someone else come over. 

They really need to get them some e-bikes to cover more area. Massive amount of poaching especially overslots this season at the jetty I fish but those guys were all busted by the officer waiting at the lot. 

Edited by Inception

This^,

I have 2 DEC officer’s numbers in my phone. 

I always say something first, give them a chance but that usually falls on deaf ears.

Phone call or text comes second. Pictures are most helpful in a text.

If your afraid to say something texting a DEC officer is the way to go. Nobody will know that you made contact. Most of their phone numbers can be found on the NYS.gov website for your region.

The central dispatch for up state or Suffolk is a waste of a call 9 times out of 10.

On 12/28/2021 at 3:06 AM, Inception said:

I try to get the number of the DEC officers that patrols the area that I fish regularly. A quick text to them and they'll respond pretty quickly or have someone else come over. 

They really need to get them some e-bikes to cover more area. Massive amount of poaching especially overslots this season at the jetty I fish but those guys were all busted by the officer waiting at the lot. 

That's the right way to do it.  Using the central dispatch number often leads to delayed response.

13 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

Man, just mention the birds or people on dunes and the PP immediately show up. 

There are some people who text or call to divert PP to other locations, as they come into inlets or other locations!

41 mins ago, pequa11 said:

Shouldn't / Doesn't the DEC call you right back to try to verify caller ?

They took down my name and number and I watched it all go down from a distance. 

Cause you know I was high AF drinking a budweiser at 7am.

Why is it the DEC can staff every trail head and trout stream, but the ocean and sound is considered a free-for-all?

Edited by GarbageFish