DMacLeod

Weird,strange or just ugly

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Well night hunting for coyotes is here.

I decided to drop my Ruger Predator in a new stock and put the Wraith I bought here on it.  I like a functional decent looking rifle but don't know how I feel about this.  I know everything will do it's job so, functional is dead on.  To me it just looks odd though.  

The wraith is digital and 4x32 and  good days/nights which is what intrigued me to buy it.  

My guess is it may not excel at either but reviews say otherwise. So I will give it the benefit of the doubt.

Supposedly it is capable of 1 shot zero.   With any luck I'll find out Thursday.  

Is it weird looking, strange or just plain ugly ?     I'm going with strange and definitely different.

IMG_0598.jpeg

Thanks Jim.

I have a feeling I'll feel the same way once I shoot it and get the can on it.   My wife may not like me shooting a yote or 2 in the middle of the night from the deck but oh well.

Looking forward to hearing your review of this once you've put it through its paces. I came a click away from getting one myself but there just weren't enough objective positive reviews to do it. At a third or one-fourth the cost of similar top-name units it was tempting but I had the feeling I would end up disappointed. I hope you are pleased with it!

Edit - And who really cares what it looks like! I'm a function over form guy all the way.

Edited by BARhopper

11 hours ago, DMacLeod said:

Well night hunting for coyotes is here.

I decided to drop my Ruger Predator in a new stock and put the Wraith I bought here on it.  I like a functional decent looking rifle but don't know how I feel about this.  I know everything will do it's job so, functional is dead on.  To me it just looks odd though.  

The wraith is digital and 4x32 and  good days/nights which is what intrigued me to buy it.  

My guess is it may not excel at either but reviews say otherwise. So I will give it the benefit of the doubt.

Supposedly it is capable of 1 shot zero.   With any luck I'll find out Thursday.  

Is it weird looking, strange or just plain ugly ?     I'm going with strange and definitely different.

IMG_0598.jpeg

To me it's ugly, then again all these modern day rifles look ugly to me. I'm just an old fashioned wood on metal type guy, Nothing prettier than a pre 64 Winchester Featherweight in .243.:love:

Looks good to me for what it is.  I like traditional looking guns better, but I understand times change

You hunting in Maine?

I'd like hunt them at night here in MA, but can't justify making the expenditure right now.  From my understanding you can only run thermal at night in MA.   Some of the thermal dealers offer financing, but I can see explaining to the wife why I financed a thermal scope to kill a coyote. 

Also, thanks to MA's nonsensical laws, you can't use any rifle other than 22lr in MA at night, but you an use a psitol up to 38 caliber, so guys are running.223 AR pistols with thermal scopes.  So no 223 rifle, but 223 AR pistol is a-ok.

Brilliant

Edited by jkrock