unskunk

Market Basket Lobsters

Rate this topic

355 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2022 at 11:38 AM, bob_G said:

Ok, thanks.

Just came from Bourne MB on sale today for $8.99 don't have ti weight til Sunday!

just came back from shopping.....

credibility here probability  trashed....(bad report)

BUT......the price IS down to $7.99/lb in Danvis MB this week..........

surprising...no buyers while I was there....

Posted (edited)

It does not seem right to me that a good portion of lobsters caught in New England waters are now shipping to China. I view the waters of our coast as property of its citizens and feel the lobsters caught there should be offered at our markets instead of being sold to the highest foreign bidder. To add insult to injury, the US taxpayer will then subsidize the lobsterman when he falls on hard times due to regulations etc.. How many species has China destroyed with their voracious appetite ?

Edited by gdc23

7 mins ago, capequahog said:

Day boat scallops 25/lb off the scallop truck, cape farmers markets, good product had them today 

Yeah they dropped a bit after the 4th. I'm selling them for $20/lb out here in God's country. 

1 min ago, Eagles Dare said:

Yeah they dropped a bit after the 4th. I'm selling them for $20/lb out here in God's country. 

Ya could be the same product i:why:

4 hours ago, foxfai said:

MB today had New Shell lobster for $6.99 /lb......

Yup, and new shell they are indeed. Stark difference in quality from what I posted just a couple weeks ago. Generally I don't mind because I actually prefer the flavor of new shell lobsters, but also it comes with a lot of dead loss and you'll probably see a lot of pre-cooked lobsters and cheap "mangers special" lobster meat on the shelves because of it. Last weekend I made the mistake of buying some of Market Basket's pre-cooked lobsters against my better judgement because I was in a rush and they were NOT fresh, at all. Bought four, threw two directly in the trash. Meat literally falling apart right out of the shell. Went back yesterday and got three live that I cooked myself and it was so much better. Having lobster rolls for lunch tomorrow lol

Don't get suckered like me. Enjoy the low prices, but be vigilant. Buy live and cook your own.

3 hours ago, skinnywater said:

lbreport.jpg.37ff33469909daa4bc8626e26c094aa8.jpg

Wonder if it has anything to do with the silly high prices they were getting paid in the early spring this year. A friend of mine was getting paid a lot for the bugs coming off his boat. 

I Had a lobster roll up in Maine yesterday,  the meat didn't really have any taste.

Oddly enough my buddy said the same thing about one he had in a different area.

The lobster I got and cooked from Newport on memorial day weekend was delicious. 

20220713_175354.jpg

**** these prices.

And this was at Costco no less.

Let it rot.

20220513_173426.jpg.d42436cdd55b1d380d05298d92e765b8.jpg

11 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I Had a lobster roll up in Maine yesterday,  the meat didn't really have any taste.

Oddly enough my buddy said the same thing about one he had in a different area.

The lobster I got and cooked from Newport on memorial day weekend was delicious. 

20220713_175354.jpg

Where did you go to eat? Bob’s Clam Hut next to KTP is awesome. Little pricey, but excellent quality.

14 mins ago, Mack26 said:

Where did you go to eat? Bob’s Clam Hut next to KTP is awesome. Little pricey, but excellent quality.

Mikes clams shack in wells

Usually very good

1 hour ago, Mack26 said:

Pricey, yes but probably the best fried clams eva. Ca't drive by without getting some.:kissthrow: