Niffty

Doug's Plug Bucket

85 posts in this topic

1 min ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

good call. i was wondering how to for skinny water. i usually did 10z jighead on sandy beaches. but you got me thinking for my north shore spots with little water. 

I used to fish a 7' St. Croix Surf rod light or ultra light with a Stradic 2500 spooled with 20 pound PP and a short leader. Biggest striper I boated was 41" within spitting distance of the beach. Lost a much bigger one than that just a few casts earlier in the same spot, had it beat and just 10' from the boat and the leader broke.:banghd: They heard me swear 3 miles away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

i m in Commack now. Grew up in Plainview.

Grew up in North Amityville. Lived in Farmingdale, Massapequa, and Merrick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 mins ago, fishless said:

What's the 2nd hook for in the pic?

Scenery. Just one hook needed.

 

9 mins ago, Niffty said:

Go love getting it backdoor, and check if i have  buttons just get in the way.. 

snoopy-laughing-gif-9.gif&ehk=fSxsMCgVUc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bass Ackwards said:

Scenery. Just one hook needed.

I'm throwing that tonight in some super shallow water.  Another member on here gv me a chit ton of em already rigged with the tandem hook setup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, fishless said:

I'm throwing that tonight in some super shallow water.  Another member on here gv me a chit ton of em already rigged with the tandem hook setup. 

The best action I got from a Sluggo was the way I did it. Can't remember the size hook I used and it does makes a difference. My son always used an offset hook as Sluggo suggest and get better hook ups, I always got more hits. Almost always mouth hooked, easy release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, i07nyc said:

Those talking poppers work well but i prefer the cotton Cordell ones more.

The cc pencil is my go to. I have some tsunami talking poppers but I've never worked them like a pencil. Just walked the dog with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

Meanwhile seven boat owners in the Highlands report missing plugs...

Those trolling ****ers ain't missing ****. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 mins ago, Niffty said:

The cc pencil is my go to. I have some tsunami talking poppers but I've never worked them like a pencil. Just walked the dog with them. 

Too many hooks, all you need is one hook. If ya can't catch a fish on one hook you don't know how to fish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Too many hooks, all you need is one hook. If ya can't catch a fish on one hook you don't know how to fish.

I like extra hooks flopping every which way. Up the challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MitchellNJ said:

Meanwhile seven boat owners in the Highlands report missing plugs...

First off, I have no idea WTF Doug is, but it looks like all those plugs are brand-new, with a friend's plug that was actually fished with thrown in for some...authenticity, I don't know.

In any case, that's a crappy way to carry plugs. I'd be ashamed to walk around with that. I'd even be ashamed to share a beach or a jetty with the assclown wearing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 mins ago, i07nyc said:

I like extra hooks flopping every which way. Up the challenge.

Want a challenge, lip a bluefish. Done correctly ya don't get bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bass2Snook said:

First off, I have no idea WTF Doug is, but it looks like all those plugs are brand-new, with a friend's plug that was actually fished with thrown in for some...authenticity, I don't know.

In any case, that's a crappy way to carry plugs. I'd be ashamed to walk around with that. I'd even be ashamed to share a beach or a jetty with the assclown wearing that.

It's only used on the boat. Nobody is carrying that **** on the beach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.