Niffty

Doug's Plug Bucket

85 posts in this topic

1 min ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

good call. i was wondering how to for skinny water. i usually did 10z jighead on sandy beaches. but you got me thinking for my north shore spots with little water. 

I used to fish a 7' St. Croix Surf rod light or ultra light with a Stradic 2500 spooled with 20 pound PP and a short leader. Biggest striper I boated was 41" within spitting distance of the beach. Lost a much bigger one than that just a few casts earlier in the same spot, had it beat and just 10' from the boat and the leader broke.:banghd: They heard me swear 3 miles away.

4 mins ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

i m in Commack now. Grew up in Plainview.

Grew up in North Amityville. Lived in Farmingdale, Massapequa, and Merrick. 

9 mins ago, fishless said:

What's the 2nd hook for in the pic?

Scenery. Just one hook needed.

9 mins ago, Niffty said:

Go love getting it backdoor, and check if i have  buttons just get in the way.. 

snoopy-laughing-gif-9.gif&ehk=fSxsMCgVUc

Just now, Bass Ackwards said:

Scenery. Just one hook needed.

I'm throwing that tonight in some super shallow water.  Another member on here gv me a chit ton of em already rigged with the tandem hook setup. 

2 mins ago, fishless said:

I'm throwing that tonight in some super shallow water.  Another member on here gv me a chit ton of em already rigged with the tandem hook setup. 

The best action I got from a Sluggo was the way I did it. Can't remember the size hook I used and it does makes a difference. My son always used an offset hook as Sluggo suggest and get better hook ups, I always got more hits. Almost always mouth hooked, easy release.

4 mins ago, i07nyc said:

Those talking poppers work well but i prefer the cotton Cordell ones more.

The cc pencil is my go to. I have some tsunami talking poppers but I've never worked them like a pencil. Just walked the dog with them. 

17 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

Meanwhile seven boat owners in the Highlands report missing plugs...

Those trolling ****ers ain't missing ****. 

34 mins ago, Niffty said:

The cc pencil is my go to. I have some tsunami talking poppers but I've never worked them like a pencil. Just walked the dog with them. 

Too many hooks, all you need is one hook. If ya can't catch a fish on one hook you don't know how to fish.

37 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Too many hooks, all you need is one hook. If ya can't catch a fish on one hook you don't know how to fish.

I like extra hooks flopping every which way. Up the challenge.

1 hour ago, MitchellNJ said:

Meanwhile seven boat owners in the Highlands report missing plugs...

First off, I have no idea WTF Doug is, but it looks like all those plugs are brand-new, with a friend's plug that was actually fished with thrown in for some...authenticity, I don't know.

In any case, that's a crappy way to carry plugs. I'd be ashamed to walk around with that. I'd even be ashamed to share a beach or a jetty with the assclown wearing that.

19 mins ago, i07nyc said:

I like extra hooks flopping every which way. Up the challenge.

Want a challenge, lip a bluefish. Done correctly ya don't get bit.

1 hour ago, Bass2Snook said:

First off, I have no idea WTF Doug is, but it looks like all those plugs are brand-new, with a friend's plug that was actually fished with thrown in for some...authenticity, I don't know.

In any case, that's a crappy way to carry plugs. I'd be ashamed to walk around with that. I'd even be ashamed to share a beach or a jetty with the assclown wearing that.

It's only used on the boat. Nobody is carrying that **** on the beach.