EricJ

Next GOP POTUS Candidates Should Be...

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

I mean, I like elements of both Gowdy and Paul, but it’s too early.  There’s a lot of others and I won’t even think about who’s the best until I see some debates and hear what they think about a wider variety of issues.

11 mins ago, Nessmuk said:

I mean, I like elements of both Gowdy and Paul, but it’s too early.  There’s a lot of others and I won’t even think about who’s the best until I see some debates and hear what they think about a wider variety of issues.

it is also about who can win. who has less baggage that the left can bring up. 

4 mins ago, dena said:

Neither one of them will beat Trump.

Maybe, but in addition to his successes, Trump now has a history of failures too.  People running against him as fiscal conservatives could tear him to pieces on that score.

Hell, start with his pre-election claims about what he was going to do and use that.  Where’s my CCW?

Edited by Nessmuk

First priority should be to nominate someone that can win.  And that is not Trump  

Personally, I would like to see someone who is a moderate on social issues such as abortion and gay marriage.  Someone who is a strong supporter of the 2A.   Strong on securing the borders.  And someone that can work with both sides of the aisle.

Just now, Jeff270 said:

First priority should be to nominate someone that can win.  And that is not Trump  

Personally, I would like to see someone who is a moderate on social issues such as abortion and gay marriage.  Someone who is a strong supporter of the 2A.   Strong on securing the borders.  And someone that can work with both sides of the aisle.

A unicorn then.

That person doesn't exsist.

As long as washington (not capitalized on purpose) remains the

dirty swamp,and cesspool that it is now It will make no difference who

is the head mouthpiece . We are on a downward spiral that we won't

recover from in my belief . Ba Bye now.

25 mins ago, dena said:

Neither one of them will beat Trump.

if you want Biden to lose, then you dont want Trump as the GOP candidate

If Voting Integrity is Maintained the Left is doomed.  Reps have a deep bench compared to Dims.  I truely hope Trump becomes a King maker in the end while distracting the MSM until it's time to step forward.  

I live in PA and by time we have our primary the candidate is already chosen.  I vote in the primary but it's meaningless.  So, I'll vote for the Rep that the rest of the country picks.