NYNistler

2022 Toyota Tundra

63 posts in this topic

in this grand re-design they seem to have forgotten one thing...front tow hooks...not so good if you ever want to go on the beach! 

8 hours ago, LouC said:

in this grand re-design they seem to have forgotten one thing...front tow hooks...not so good if you ever want to go on the beach! 

That’s pretty dumb. Toyota must think most of it’s truck owners will never leave the pavement. 

The new tundra looks terrible,,,,:dismay: chevy and ford have a contest who can make the ugliest truck,,,,,:bonk: chevy has this new tailgate,,,,so next year ford has a new tailgate with toilet seats on it,,,,,:idea: but only on the super dutys,,,,,,,,,,,:laugh:

I'm getting bombarded with emails about them lately. I still haven't seen on the road and my stealership has almost no inventory on their lot, maybe 20 vehicles. 

I have a 2018, with only 60k on it I'm good for another 3-4 years.

in 2005 I bought a new tundra.  people thought crazy to buy a new truck for work.  I still drive it everyday -220000 miles all work. trucks made me money for over 15 year.  the folks thinking new tundra crazy are on their 3rd Chevys ford dodge whatevers.   the folks thinking buy used have bought numerous trucks and dealt  with numerous repairs.  id go a buy a new tundra without hesitation- prob wouldn't even look at or care about whatever is new or updated or mileage   

best is the folks buying new dodges....they spend over 50 grand and then the first thing they say is they are gonna trade it back before 100000 miles.   yeah. good deal. 

19 mins ago, bronson said:

best is the folks buying new dodges....they spend over 50 grand and then the first thing they say is they are gonna trade it back before 100000 miles.   yeah. good deal. 

Agreed. Everything you describe is my dad. Had 2 Fords and swore off Ford because of all the problems he had. Bought a Ram and sold it 3 years later, "before it started rusting." Bought another one, and it had problems day 1. Took the dealership 6 months to get the problems straight.

I bought a 2008 Sequoia for my growing family in 2017, it had 160K miles. Still drive it and it runs like a champ. Decided to buy a used Tundra 2 years ago. Got a 2013 with 100K. I haven't had any problems with it and would only consider buying another Toyota.

My neighbor has had Tacoma’s all his life. Just got a Tacoma 6 cylinder extra cab 4x4. I looked inside of it and good lord is it small inside and it’s cheap looking. He claims then run forever. How would you know you get rid of it every four years with only 30k miles on it. 

11 hours ago, gray gables said:

My neighbor has had Tacoma’s all his life. Just got a Tacoma 6 cylinder extra cab 4x4. I looked inside of it and good lord is it small inside and it’s cheap looking. He claims then run forever. How would you know you get rid of it every four years with only 30k miles on it. 

My Tacoma is 10 years old 165K and only two minor issues, a cabin fan resistor, and an exhaust gasket. I was a little skeptical moving away from American trucks at the time but it is the best one I have driven. I was going to get a new one this year but will wait until the shortage eases up.

I would love to get a Tundra but it will be out of my price range so I will get another Tacoma. 

With the jobs I have had,,,,:wee: I gotten to drive all the new stuff and older the ford 6.0 turbo was fun but lots of problems the 7.3 was nice but the alternater went out evey year and the new chevy trucks computer transmission problems every 60k the new dodge 4500 and 5500 they where great except the factory tires at 13k the belts was bad,,,,,:) yes I almost got a deramax with upgraded turbos and torque converter,,,stage 2 for 13k,,,,,,:hi5:but didn't jump on it in time,,,ZZZ so I got a tundra and tricked it out,,,,,,,,:D

20211220_171648.jpg

20210506_215237.jpg

20211220_151303.jpg

New Chevrolet trucks look like a 1950's toasters and the ford's look like the Griswolds got a truck,,,,:eek: ugly oh my just ugly,,,,,,the 2018 chevy and ford raptor looked fantastic,,,,,,,:hooked:what happen,,,,,,,:D

Edited by bennie

There designing the new trucks to look massive, to give that feel like you have a big rig. The car manufactures do think the American public is stupid, that they want all noise, power, and massive grills and high beds you can't get into easy. I was in that business for 34 something years, I saw them build all kinds of junk, ugly cars and trucks. Toyotas  built in other countries, destined for other countries look differant then the one's here. Now that European countries have there hand in our auto companies, there trying to make them look like Italian sports cars, There just a truck, that's it.

Wait a minute………. People are buying trucks for looks……. What.. when…..how. The modern 1/2 ton pick up truck is nothing more then a modern soccer mom grocery getter with inflated towing capacities and gas mileage. 

5 hours ago, hunter123 said:

There designing the new trucks to look massive, to give that feel like you have a big rig. The car manufactures do think the American public is stupid, that they want all noise, power, and massive grills and high beds you can't get into easy. I was in that business for 34 something years, I saw them build all kinds of junk, ugly cars and trucks. Toyotas  built in other countries, destined for other countries look differant then the one's here. Now that European countries have there hand in our auto companies, there trying to make them look like Italian sports cars, There just a truck, that's it.

I really don’t understand the high bed sides. Why would you want a truck that you can’t reach over the side of the bed to grab something. Who wants to have to climb into the bed or up on the tire every time you need to get something out of the truck. The purpose of a pick up truck has been forgotten.