Kml

IBSP over sand equipment

9 posts in this topic

This is the first year I secured an over sand permit for IBSP. 

I have a truck I need all of the other required stuff. 

Any recommendations for jack, straps, shovel, jack base. 

I will assume the military shovel is good but where to get one?

Max Tracks?

I kind of know what I need I guess I am looking things to stay away from because they are junk and recommendations for stuff that you really like. 

I almost needed this once. 

And that was scary, went over the lip down onto the wet sand. 

Pay attention lol....bring a long strap..

Screenshot_20211212-183927_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20211209-194005_Chrome.jpg

If you’re going to actually need a shovel, a bigger one is way better. I have a fold up that I keep with all my other stuff behind my rear seat. They were checking for equipment almost every day during the summer this year, so make sure it’s accessible. I got traction boards after I got stuck in ortley in almost the wash, and I recommend having them, they work great. ORCISH Recovery Traction Boards... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092M529F8?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

6 mins ago, wefish138 said:

If you’re going to actually need a shovel, a bigger one is way better. I have a fold up that I keep with all my other stuff behind my rear seat. They were checking for equipment almost every day during the summer this year, so make sure it’s accessible. I got traction boards after I got stuck in ortley in almost the wash, and I recommend having them, they work great. ORCISH Recovery Traction Boards... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092M529F8?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Thanks that looks good

A mini shovel moves a mini-mum amount of sand, lots of work/little progress.  Try a grain shovel - short handle, big scoop.  Some use a hoe to clear sand from under the truck.  Or just don't get stuck - horsepower is not your friend on the beach.  Your park pass tells you what equipment is required: air gauge, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, etc.  Probably more important than a shovel, unless you're prone to not properly airing down and getting stuck.  :wag:  While I have a strap, never used it as I'd rather help dig out someone stuck than risk pulling them out and damaging my ride.   Have fun & air down.

On 12/12/2021 at 5:30 PM, Kml said:

This is the first year I secured an over sand permit for IBSP. 

I have a truck I need all of the other required stuff. 

Any recommendations for jack, straps, shovel, jack base. 

I will assume the military shovel is good but where to get one?

Max Tracks?

I kind of know what I need I guess I am looking things to stay away from because they are junk and recommendations for stuff that you really like. 

Don't over think this

The preferred IBSP gear list is

10 x 10 EZ Up canopy

Weber Kettle Grill

Bag of Kingsford

2 Boogie Boards

One sand spike

Posted (edited) · Report post

You should bring a small folding camp shovel to satisfy an overly picky ranger - but definitely bring a long handled hoe

You want to dig out quickly and without killing yourself, it's the best tool for the job by far

Anyone have any experience with these ?

GoTreads...

GoTreads.PNG.acb90f5a972d225d941c89e155d481d7.PNG

Edited by Sudsy