codfish

Jan 6 rioters need to be given credit for honesty

Rate this topic

125 posts in this topic

Give credit to guys like this:th: we can all learn from his honesty 

Nicholas Reimler spoke to U.S. District Judge Randolph Moss:

“I am here today to take responsibility for my actions on January 6, and to express my remorse for those affected by the events of that day,” Reimler told the judge prior to sentencing. “The violence, destruction and loss of life at the Capitol building in Washington, D.C., should have never happened.

“I want to say I am sincerely sorry for being in and around the Capitol building that day. I’m sorry to the United States Capitol Police officers, who should have never had to defend lawmakers and their staff in the fashion they had to. I’m sorry to the 100-plus police officers who were injured and to the families of the numerous officers who tragically passed away stemming from the horrendous events of that day. And I’m sorry to the people of this country for threatening their democracy that makes this country so great.”

And I’m sorry to the people of this country for threatening their democracy that makes this country so great.”

Yeah..., cause that really happened.   :banghd:

1 hour ago, codfish said:

numerous officers who tragically passed away stemming from the horrendous events of that day.

Not making light of what went on Jan 6, but..........

Definition of numerous is ..... great in number, many. You sure this was a rioter and not one of the weeping Capitol police officers?

violent insurrection

Numerous dead police

:laugh:

Your threads suck

With our current legal system and right before sentencing he obviously adopted the “ A drowning person will even grab a toothpick to save themselves”.  The media and politicians  spun what a few idiots did there as domestic terrorism and those caught all face the same prejudices regardless of what they may or may not done. 

Was the violence and destruction a few did right? Absolutely not!!! Should they be responsible for their action? Absolutely! But if you look at the 12 months prior of antifa and BLM riots and their lawlessness with little to no punishments one could see how destructive actions in the few minds on Jan 6 could of been status quo for demonstrations in their minds. IT ISN’T and should not of been in any prior demonstrations by anyone. But the media and the politicians look at left and right issues as good vs bad. Some how killing police officers, tearing down monuments and burning down metropolitan areas is acceptable and Jan 6th is domestic terrorism. Our country’s media and legal system is a mess!

Edited by Jim DE

2 mins ago, hhager23 said:

After being inhumanely imprisoned for a year a lot of folks would say whatever they wanted to hear. 

Yep, sounds more like a guy who us begging the judge to be lenient. 

honesty, lol.