i_like_poppers

Donations

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

So I did my yearly cleaning and have some extra bucktails, trailers, shads, and poppers (despite my name, one can have too many!). I've seen posts on Facebook about a group that takes veterans out teaching them surf fishing on the Island. Thought that would be a worthy cause to donate to, it's not a lot of stuff but it's something. Does anyone know the group or have contact info for them? Please feel free to PM me if you'd like. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. 

If you can not find veteran group you can donate them to the kids at Patriots,  Ward Melville high school fishing club.

I think Bob Wilson is a member here.

ward mellvilille fishing club . com

Edited by Popasilov
removing love link

If you can not find veteran group you can donate them to the kids at Patriots,  Ward Melville high school fishing club.

and the Ward Melville HS fishing club may be able to point you to donating to a similar club in a less affluent area.  (75% of Amityville HS is economically disadvantaged vs. 11% of WMHS)

Edited by pequa11

12 hours ago, Popasilov said:

1 hour ago, pequa11 said:

and the Ward Melville HS fishing club may be able to point you to donating to a similar club in a less affluent area.  (75% of Amityville HS is economically disadvantaged vs. 11% of WMHS)

Both are really good suggestions, thank you! I actually found it, I was mistaken LIBBA runs a fishing trip for veterans at Captree, somehow computed in my mind as surf fishing since I go there off the beach. All good causes, maybe next sweep through my stuff I'll reach out to Ward Melville and other clubs.