Bucktails_and_beers

Surf fishing permit shortage

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Delaware surf fishing permits went on sale this week....sort of. I missed out on my permit a couple years back by waiting too long so I'm paranoid and typically buy one within the first couple days of them going on sale. So I go to the website and see a big orange notice on surf permit sales (attached). Can someone explain to me how there is a "Nationwide Shortage" on permit stickers?!? I understand supply chain shortages first hand since it impacts my job directly...but this seems like absolute horsesh%&. I am usually a huge advocate for DNREC as I feel like they do a pretty good job but this is just ridiculous. Sorry for the rant. Any thoughts on what is really going on? Tin foil hat wearers by all means...tell me what you think...lol.

surf.jpg

4 mins ago, spinr0k said:

It is real,  when things are ordered in large qty like this it is on back order for several months waiting for stock to come in.

https://www.news10.com/news/ny-news/dmv-deals-with-registration-sticker-shortage/

Well I'll be damned. Oh well. I'll be diligent in trying to keep updated as to when they get them. Thank you.

18 mins ago, hunter123 said:

Don't panic, They will be out by January. We hope. They need the revenue , they will figure something out.

I have decompressed since I posted this yesterday. I'll check DNREC routinely after the 1st of the year. Won't press any panic buttons until then...lol. Thank you and tight lines!

2 hours ago, hunter123 said:

That's the spirit. Just make sure you get yours first before some circus tent bbq googan gets there's. lol.

Is that any way to talk about rabble rousers who don't even bait their hook??? lol.