Capt.Castafly

Expensive New Year's Day Hangover !

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, riggler said:

Geeze for that price I would expect the pig to fly as well as whistle....

Yeah you really really really have to like whisky. Wait for the post new years markdowns. 

I’m not a whiskey/spirits drinker.  That said can anyone give me advice/suggestions  about the offerings of Sons of Liberty Spirits Distillery in South Kingstown ? 

22 mins ago, DZ said:

I’m not a whiskey/spirits drinker.  That said can anyone give me advice/suggestions  about the offerings of Sons of Liberty Spirits Distillery in South Kingstown ? 

I was advised a week ago from a bourbon drinker that Buffalo Chase is a good one and is reasonably priced.  Bottle was $50.  Gifted it to the brother in law and all who sampled it seem to enjoy it.  Smooth was tossed about a lot. 

6 hours ago, DZ said:

Uprising is their "flag ship" offering.  A quality single malt (there is a 10 year anniversary version of another single malt "Battle Cry" out now that's phenomenal imo). 

They release a batch of bourbon on occasion that Im a big fan of.

The Apple Whiskey is a good fall time offering. 

Used to distill a gin but I havent seen it on shelves in a while.

Worth a trip to the distillery for sure.  Or pick some up at your local shop.

Edited by Marone Pursuit

On 12/8/2021 at 9:34 AM, DZ said:

Little late , but check out bourbon enthusiasts on FB. Local RI guy runs the page they may have some insight.