BrianBM

Ice Fishing, 2021-2022.

Rate this topic

382 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

My son bought a big 4 man shanty

They were out all day. 

Wimps we never sat inside one we always drank thru the day!

the colder the beeyah, the better...............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we use to put the beer down one of the holes to keep it from freezing.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

My son bought a big 4 man shanty

They were out all day. 

Wimps we never sat inside one we always drank thru the day!

Did they catch anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 mins ago, z-man said:

Did they catch anything?

He said first hole he dropped the shinner down and a fish grabbed it right away. 

Was a pickerel. 

That was it all day....

They sat in there all day and cooked and probably drank 

Edited by R.R. Bridge Fisher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Fish +Food+ Family= FUN

Fishing was slow on Sunday. Still ended up with a bunch of yellows, which we kept 4 to eat, a handful of small pickerel, a nice crappy and an bonus big horned pout. No bass which was strange. Colin took a few pics I'll get them from him. Made the mistake of taking the small car shovel and NOT a real shovel. What was I thinking. I think I shoveled more snow ice fishing than I did at home. My back is still tight! Coffee was cold by the time we set up, the bottle water we brought ended up slush. Grill fired right up and the hotdogs made the day. We introduced Colin's GF to ice fishing 3 weeks ago.  She loves it. Doesn't like when she misses a fish. and really hates when she drops a fish right at the hole lol.  Not afraid to grab a shiner out of the bucket and hand carry it to the tip up. 

We fished from 10-2pm. Great day to be out for sure. 

And yes we picked up  the panda mustad packs by the grill. 

 

 

 

ice0130.png

ice0230.png

Edited by WorcBoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone check on the ice after this rain?It looks like most of the snow is gone but now coated with a new layer of sleet and slush. Not sure if any man sized holes opened up below from the rain run off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 mins ago, z-man said:

Anyone check on the ice after this rain?It looks like most of the snow is gone but now coated with a new layer of sleet and slush. Not sure if any man sized holes opened up below from the rain run off. 

Plan on going tomorrow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2022 at 8:49 AM, WorcBoy said:

Fish +Food+ Family= FUN

Fishing was slow on Sunday. Still ended up with a bunch of yellows, which we kept 4 to eat, a handful of small pickerel, a nice crappy and an bonus big horned pout. No bass which was strange. Colin took a few pics I'll get them from him. Made the mistake of taking the small car shovel and NOT a real shovel. What was I thinking. I think I shoveled more snow ice fishing than I did at home. My back is still tight! Coffee was cold by the time we set up, the bottle water we brought ended up slush. Grill fired right up and the hotdogs made the day. We introduced Colin's GF to ice fishing 3 weeks ago.  She loves it. Doesn't like when she misses a fish. and really hates when she drops a fish right at the hole lol.  Not afraid to grab a shiner out of the bucket and hand carry it to the tip up. 

We fished from 10-2pm. Great day to be out for sure. 

And yes we picked up  the panda mustad packs by the grill. 

 

 

 

ice0130.png

ice0230.png

good job

 Not afraid to grab a shiner out of the bucket and hand carry it to the tip up

put ful size towell on the belt,if you keep hends dry you fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.