JerseyMike609

Pasco County FL

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

Never fished Pasco county but if you have access to a car, you could go fish the Skyway pier. All sorts of stuff off that pier. Spanish, king mackerel, grouper, snapper, etc. Also, Fort DeSoto and the surrounding area. The fort is a great place to go kayaking and bike riding too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, reelfire said:

Bring warm clothes. We have had all kinds of weather lately.  40s at night. 70s daytime. Some 80s.

Your in Pasco or just FL? 2 years ago it was in the 30s at night and a few days later it was around 80 in the day,crazy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Research Anclote, Dunedin, Fred Howard Park area.  Depending on where in Pasco you are, they may be closer and give you more fishing time then heading to the Skyway or Fort Desoto.  Both good spots, I would choose the Fort over Skyway.  I do much better there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JerseyMike609 said:

Your in Pasco or just FL? 2 years ago it was in the 30s at night and a few days later it was around 80 in the day,crazy! 

Im on east coast of fla but thats been avg temps across all of central fla last 2 weeks. Although last few nights have been low 60s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Snook_Slayr said:

Depends what you’re trying to catch/do 

I’m looking to fish whatever is running in Pasco County late Dec/early Jan,I have no clue what is down there or what time of year different fish are around.If someone from FL asked me what to fish in NJ right now I’d say Striped Bass,sea bass,tog maybe white perch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, beatonem said:

Research Anclote, Dunedin, Fred Howard Park area.  Depending on where in Pasco you are, they may be closer and give you more fishing time then heading to the Skyway or Fort Desoto.  Both good spots, I would choose the Fort over Skyway.  I do much better there.

Thank You,The 3 spots you mentioned first are actually the 3 spots I’m am most familiar with,What is biting this time of year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, JerseyMike609 said:

I’m looking to fish whatever is running in Pasco County late Dec/early Jan,I have no clue what is down there or what time of year different fish are around.If someone from FL asked me what to fish in NJ right now I’d say Striped Bass,sea bass,tog maybe white perch.

Sorry what I meant to ask is are you fishing at night? Do you want to try and catch big? Are you just trying to relax and wet a line and maybe get a bite? Etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snook_Slayr said:

Sorry what I meant to ask is are you fishing at night? Do you want to try and catch big? Are you just trying to relax and wet a line and maybe get a bite? Etc. 

Oh I fish everything from Fly Fishing to Ice fishing,Nor’easters to local ponds day or night if something is biting I’ll get out they’re. I just don’t want to go out and target “Tarpon” or w.e and after two days of know bites I find out they run in the summer and on the other side of the state. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look up Mark waist deep wade fishing. He has a FB page and video channel. Hes a little south of you but he runs excellent wade fishing on grass flats . Sea trouts on fire now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 mins ago, reelfire said:

Look up Mark waist deep wade fishing. He has a FB page and video channel. Hes a little south of you but he runs excellent wade fishing on grass flats . Sea trouts on fire now.

Awesome,Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.