pakalolo

4473 DENIAL

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Went with my wife today for her to purchase a shotgun, her 4473 was denied as was mine!!! Neither of us has any record or other issue that should lead to this happening .  Any insight on the next step? I have purchased firearms before and never had an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking that you filled the form out wrong.  

 

Go back, and fill it out correctly.

 

You are talking about the 4473 form, right?

 

You sure the NICS check didn't get approved and you are mistaking it for the form?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Did you answer the questions correctly? One wrong answer and you're denied.

That's right.  You gotta read those questions carefully before you check "yes" or "no".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 mins ago, pakalolo said:

Went with my wife today for her to purchase a shotgun, her 4473 was denied as was mine!!! Neither of us has any record or other issue that should lead to this happening .  Any insight on the next step? I have purchased firearms before and never had an issue.

I told ya to ixnay all the alktay about the oogaloobay.  And now they got you watch listed. Probably won't let you fly to Hawaii, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never a problem with my FFL, maybe states do it differently. After my background check and waiting period is completed, I fill out that form and leave with the firearm. 

Edited by SnookerFla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

Thinking that you filled the form out wrong.  

 

Go back, and fill it out correctly.

 

You are talking about the 4473 form, right?

 

You sure the NICS check didn't get approved and you are mistaking it for the form?

 

 

 

 

It does sound like they failed the NICS check.  Here is the appeals procedure.

 

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics/national-instant-criminal-background-check-system-nics-appeals-vaf

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slacker said:

It does sound like they failed the NICS check.  Here is the appeals procedure.

 

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics/national-instant-criminal-background-check-system-nics-appeals-vaf

 

 

I would definitely appeal it to find out what is the problem so you can correct it,  I've had a number of my customers that I sold to for years get denied and a good number were that they had unpaid parking tickets that went out to warrants and a number were stolen Identity. 

So it’s a PITA but it needs to be taken care of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Slacker said:

I told ya to ixnay all the alktay about the oogaloobay.  And now they got you watch listed. Probably won't let you fly to Hawaii, either.

Oh **** you! :sarc:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jolly mon said:

I would definitely appeal it to find out what is the problem so you can correct it,  I've had a number of my customers that I sold to for years get denied and a good number were that they had unpaid parking tickets that went out to warrants and a number were stolen Identity. 

So it’s a PITA but it needs to be taken care of. 

Thing is that we both renewed our passports in July and got jammed up coming home from Italy in September, then this sht happened !! No issues ever prior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, pakalolo said:

Thing is that we both renewed our passports in July and got jammed up coming home from Italy in September, then this sht happened !! No issues ever prior. 

You got something going on out in the computer database world, it seems.  Have you checked your credit rating recently?  Maybe somebody got your information and is perpetrating all kinds of felonious bull**** under your name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, pakalolo said:

Went with my wife today for her to purchase a shotgun, her 4473 was denied as was mine!!! Neither of us has any record or other issue that should lead to this happening .  Any insight on the next step? I have purchased firearms before and never had an issue.

 

Couple of things

 

If your state uses NICS (not all states use NICS) ... you might have been temporarily dinged.  Because you and/or your wife have a name similar to somebody who's "on the list."

This usually means a delay - not denial.  Double check you weren't actually flat out denied.

 

If you disclose you use marijuana - that's disqualifier under federal law, even if it's okay under you state law.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.