Ash

2022 IBSP 4x4 permit now available

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

That’s nice of the state to offer the discount to disabled vets. Bummer for me. I am a disabled vet and paid the full price for the upcoming season. I want aware of the change. God only knows how hard it will be to contact someone in this state and receive a refund and receive a vets permit with proper documents. Ughh oh well…

5 hours ago, NJTramcar said:

FWIW, the Park says they will crack down in 2022.

Seeing is believing.  Last years crack down was equipment checks as you aired down.  Once on the beach, end of enforcement.  Checking for Salt Water Registry was suggested as a way to cull violators, didn't happen.  IBSP is to big of a money maker.  I remain hopefully optimistic. ;)

On 12/4/2021 at 1:31 PM, Mallard1100 said:

That’s nice of the state to offer the discount to disabled vets. Bummer for me. I am a disabled vet and paid the full price for the upcoming season. I want aware of the change. God only knows how hard it will be to contact someone in this state and receive a refund and receive a vets permit with proper documents. Ughh oh well…

My friend bought and paid for his 2021 pass and fond out later the disabled vet deal. Went to the office on his next trip and they processed a refund and he got a full refund in a few weeks.

Because he is already registered as a disabled vet he did his renewal for 2022 this week at the office and they processed that and he will pick up his 20220 pass soon no charge.

You will need your DD214 and letter from the Vet Admin.

11 hours ago, CharlieK said:

My friend bought and paid for his 2021 pass and fond out later the disabled vet deal. Went to the office on his next trip and they processed a refund and he got a full refund in a few weeks.

Because he is already registered as a disabled vet he did his renewal for 2022 this week at the office and they processed that and he will pick up his 20220 pass soon no charge.

You will need your DD214 and letter from the Vet Admin.

Thanks Charlie!  I’ll give that a try and see what happens. 

I hope they do crack down. Last season the park police told myself, my wife, and my granddaughter we could not be swimming. We were in ankle deep water at the surf line, then he came back and watched us like we were criminals to make sure we listened. Yet down the beach people are boogie boarding, and splashing in the surf.  He drives by, says nothing. Rant over.

im thinking about getting the pass for both fishing solo and taking my boys to the beach.  after adding up all the nonsense fees going to random other beach towns it seems like a no brainer.  if you have the fishing pass does that get you in to the park for free IF you are only going there to use the beach and park at the swimming lot? 

On 12/8/2021 at 10:31 AM, gobigblue said:

im thinking about getting the pass for both fishing solo and taking my boys to the beach.  after adding up all the nonsense fees going to random other beach towns it seems like a no brainer.  if you have the fishing pass does that get you in to the park for free IF you are only going there to use the beach and park at the swimming lot? 

The buggy pass gets you in for free but you're not supposed to be parked at the swimming beaches. 

Here's what the rules say: Annual Mobile Sportfishing Permittees not actively engaged in fishing may park in the 1st Swimming Area parking lot between midnight and 4:00 am, but shall leave the parking lot by 7:00 am.

But then nobody else abides by all the rules, so go for it and let us know if they take your pass away.  ;)

2 hours ago, Darth Baiter said:

The buggy pass gets you in for free but you're not supposed to be parked at the swimming beaches. 

Here's what the rules say: Annual Mobile Sportfishing Permittees not actively engaged in fishing may park in the 1st Swimming Area parking lot between midnight and 4:00 am, but shall leave the parking lot by 7:00 am.

But then nobody else abides by all the rules, so go for it and let us know if they take your pass away.  ;)

Every year i debate getting it i read about them saying this is the year they are going to actually enforce the guys with a family swimming and it seems they never ever do.  But ill probably be the 1st schmuck to get thrown out because my 9 year old is ankle deep digging sand fleas 

I got it this year for the first time. I ended up with an extra truck after my kids moved to cities. 

So I can use the spare truck for dedicated beach truck. 

I probably wouldn’t be there much when families are having a beach day.