Angler #1

Who recalls the Mutunic Club

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

that sat near Deep Hole in Rhody. Is it still around ? WE once had a chance to stay overnight when fishing the area during the spring for tog and bass one year . Thanks to the brothers who ran a counter business that like to fish near Woonsocket and were part of the leadership corp. They loved to fish for tuna . Peace and Prayers

34 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

Is the Narragansett Salt Water fishing club the same as I was calling it the Matunic at Deep Hole ? Peace and Prayers

Yes

Thanks for the update guys , especial;ly on the spelling. Back in another time this location was one we often found ourselves fishing especially early in the year and then as we followed the migration as they went home. The Mass Bass association would at times set up one of the trips as part of the tri state tournament a little further south from there for the last bass of the year . One of the locations was known for gathering 50 pound and above bass in a fairly easy spot to catch them if you hit at the right time when all of the  big mommas would meet up before heading further south . WE often would also be into Blue fish well over 15 pounds during this time frame as well along some of the beaches feeding.  Can any one recall the three brothers from Woonsocket that operated the club for awhile and had a under counter business they operated . I think the last name began with M   Peace and Prayers

2 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

.......  Can any one recall the three brothers from Woonsocket that operated the club for awhile and had a under counter business they operated . I think the last name began with M   Peace and Prayers

:scared:

2 hours ago, Joe G said:

:scared:

Perhaps a little information might help you better understand what they did. The company I worked for was an international company that serviced banks only. A sales man would get the contract when ever a new bank was being built and we would supply all of the equipment, from the driveup, camera and alarm systems. atms, vault doors, safe deposit boxes and the whole teller line with under counter steel storage units that needed counters placed on top . If our crew was busy on another job, we often would give the job to the three brothers from Woonsocket whose main job was building and installing counters on top of the Under counter storage units, They were a great company to work with and they all fished like myself and one of the other engineers R>J> Small that would take care of most alarm, camera installs and help set up the vaults , set combinations assist in installing the automatic drive ups , we also had to service all of the same equipment trouble shoot problems . It was another time when things were a little different and it so happened that R J Small and myself were   and have been fishing partners for over 60 years before he took a fall in the rocks at the canal and can no longer stand to take a cast, not to far from where my brother fell and hit his head after releasing one of our normal large fish and he would die from the experience. Peace and Prayers   

35 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

Perhaps a little information might help you better understand what they did. The company I worked for was an international company that serviced banks only. A sales man would get the contract when ever a new bank was being built and we would supply all of the equipment, from the driveup, camera and alarm systems. atms, vault doors, safe deposit boxes and the whole teller line with under counter steel storage units that needed counters placed on top . If our crew was busy on another job, we often would give the job to the three brothers from Woonsocket whose main job was building and installing counters on top of the Under counter storage units, They were a great company to work with and they all fished like myself and one of the other engineers R>J> Small that would take care of most alarm, camera installs and help set up the vaults , set combinations assist in installing the automatic drive ups , we also had to service all of the same equipment trouble shoot problems . It was another time when things were a little different and it so happened that R J Small and myself were   and have been fishing partners for over 60 years before he took a fall in the rocks at the canal and can no longer stand to take a cast, not to far from where my brother fell and hit his head after releasing one of our normal large fish and he would die from the experience. Peace and Prayers   

Yes, I recall you telling me about those accidental falls on the rocks.  Both were tragic events for sure.

Good to hear the three bro's were legit.  For a moment, I thought you were going to inform us they ran wagering games out of a legit business front.

Just now, gregwa said:

sure did sound that way lol...knowing angler1 is an older gent I was thinking proabition(sp?)but now thinking about it better he's not that old

gregwa being old can be a mind thing at times , that is one reason I still try to keep fishing when I can or for that matter going after oysters and hogs. Now in my 88 year on this earth I am thankful I can still be able to fish along side my friend Ron Arra for Blue bullets like on this mornings current change. We get to reminisce about another time when we were both younger . Peace and Prayers