codfish

2022 trade shows

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

I’ll be attending the smaller club shows.  I’m not too concerned as I’ve been to at least a dozen live music shows in the past few months.  
I have been invited to speak at a large Connecticut show in March but not sure if I will be able to attend. 

That new Omicron variant with 50+ mutations is spreading in the USA. It spreads easier than the Delta variant. It's in Pennsylvania, New  York and New Jersey already. A guy at a conference in New York spread it to other people.

So far it seems that it's milder than the previous versions, particularly if one is vaccinated. Wait and seeing right now.

I'd hate to catch it then find out it's a permanent virus the way Herpes is and that it eats your brain or something. 

So wait and see is the reasonable and prudent approach at this moment.

At least at many concerts you have to show proof of vaccination. Will they be doing that at the shows? I'd feel better about it if they did AND they had a mask requirement. 

Edited by TroutGhost

3 hours ago, TroutGhost said:

That new Omicron variant with 50+ mutations is spreading in the USA. It spreads easier than the Delta variant. It's in Pennsylvania, New  York and New Jersey already. A guy at a conference in New York spread it to other people.

So far it seems that it's milder than the previous versions, particularly if one is vaccinated. Wait and seeing right now.

I'd hate to catch it then find out it's a permanent virus the way Herpes is and that it eats your brain or something. 

So wait and see is the reasonable and prudent approach at this moment.

At least at many concerts you have to show proof of vaccination. Will they be doing that at the shows? I'd feel better about it if they did AND they had a mask requirement. 

"At least at many concerts you have to show proof of vaccination. Will they be doing that at the shows? I'd feel better about it if they did":th:

On 12/4/2021 at 6:14 AM, codfish said:

"At least at many concerts you have to show proof of vaccination. Will they be doing that at the shows? I'd feel better about it if they did":th:

Doubt it, those who don’t will find a way to fake it anyway, just the world we live in.

There was a large dealer only even last week....so far..no reported covid cases.  (precautions were taken)

Edison is on as far as we're aware.  But that's March 18th to the 20th....and a long ways out.

Edited by scoobydoo

9 hours ago, t_man7 said:

Doubt it, those who don’t will find a way to fake it anyway, just the world we live in.

Yep— got a family member with a fake vax card. What the ****. 

On 12/7/2021 at 0:23 PM, foxfai said:

Was there are a concern even with masks on? 

Sad to say my family is up to 10 members who have had covid but only two have had it bad