iphish

Patriots versus Bills Monday night football

Rate this topic

133 posts in this topic

Is Buffalo seeing ghosts or footsteps? There is a lot riding on this game for the AFC, I hoping for a split

snow is being predicted, Bill Belichick is 12-0 in the snow. 

17 mins ago, iphish said:

Is Buffalo seeing ghosts or footsteps? There is a lot riding on this game for the AFC, I hoping for a split

You back on the Pats, you jumped to the Bills last year.

Not that you can predict football outcomes but this is the first real “big game”  test for Mac.  Kid will be under tremendous pressure.  How he handles this will be interesting. 

24 mins ago, DZ said:

Not that you can predict football outcomes but this is the first real “big game”  test for Mac.  Kid will be under tremendous pressure.  How he handles this will be interesting. 

I agree.  I thought Tennessee would be huge, but they were too banged up.  Monday is the real test.  

Should be a fun game. The Bills stumbled a bit against the Jags and the Colts but got back on track by beating the Saints. Depending on your bookie of choice the Bills are favored by 2.5-3.

Should be close a game, NE is developing game by game. Jones is playing like a game manager ( kinda like our last young QB started ), BB and staff are doing a very good job, and the players are buying in and having fun. Hope Duggar plays.

4 hours ago, DZ said:

Exactly

3 hours ago, afterhours said:

Should be close a game, NE is developing game by game. Jones is playing like a game manager ( kinda like our last young QB started ), BB and staff are doing a very good job, and the players are buying in and having fun. Hope Duggar plays.

Yeah, Duggar is turning into a bad ass, a young donte hightower. (Who will be gone next year)

5 hours ago, DZ said:

Technically going up against the Tampa Bay Patriots and Brady & Gronk was his first real "big game".

And the Pats should have won. Nick Folk clanged a game winning field goal off the upright. 

7 hours ago, iphish said:

Earlier this afternoon I did a quick search ......34 degrees at kickoff and below freezing at end.

7% chance of precipitation,   25-27 mph wind forecast. 

I envision another game just like the one we had last Sunday

maybe a little colder because of night time temperature values. 

Some scattered snow squalls.   

No big whoop.    

BB is 12-0 in many different scenarios and doesn't have enough fingers on one hand for his SB rings. As TB is the GOAT of QB's, BB is the GOAT of NFL coaches, maybe all pro sports. Who else? Lombardi? not even 100 wins and only 10 years. Casey Stengel, all he did was watch his all star team beat up the poor sisters of the poor every day and night, nothing he did. 

I think the Bills are the better team, but I wouldn't bet against BB, particularly in a big game.

45 mins ago, zak-striper said:

Technically going up against the Tampa Bay Patriots and Brady & Gronk was his first real "big game".

And the Pats should have won. Nick Folk clanged a game winning field goal off the upright. 

It was big game because of the hyped scenario  but realistically nobody thought the Pats could possibly beat Tampa at that point.  This  Buffalo game now comes with real pressure expectation to win a big game against a good team on the road.  I’m skeptical that the kid can pull it off, especially if they fall behind.  But will be rooting for him! 

39 mins ago, flylikabird said:

Earlier this afternoon I did a quick search ......34 degrees at kickoff and below freezing at end.

7% chance of precipitation,   25-27 mph wind forecast. 

I envision another game just like the one we had last Sunday

maybe a little colder because of night time temperature values. 

Some scattered snow squalls.   

No big whoop.    

Is that Foxboro? The game is Orchard Park NY.

Rain, gusty winds, snow showers and falling temperatures are all potential impacts for both the game and tailgaters as well. A seasonal low pressure system will pass by Western New York Sunday night through Monday night. 

4 hours ago, flylikabird said:

The search I did was Buffalo Airport.

Hmmm interesting. OP is about 25-30 minutes away due south and can catch more lake effect