Well Done "The Saltwater Edge!"

Rate this topic

jps1010

I just saw an email from The Saltwater Edge stating they are going to donate 1% of their December sales to the American Saltwater Guides Association.  In case you are not aware the ASGA provides a collective voice that we desperately need in managing fishery stocks like Striped Bass and Bluefish.  They understand that all the stakeholders will benefit from a fishery that is managed for abundance and not for the greatest amount of fish we can harvest.  That mindset is what brought us to striped bass decline of past and present.

I applaud them for their forward thinking and hope others do the same.  If I would have known this I would have purchased the surf rod I just received through them.  My next order will be through their online store.  Thanks again gents!

The Saltwater Edge.JPG

No. I am not trying to down play what he is doing. I am trying to point out that he has been doing it for quite some time, and is way more involved then just this donation

listen to the latest episode of The guidepost podcast featuring Peter Jenkins.

apparently they’re having an access ( like, to the beach) problem in thier neck of the woods

49DEDA5B-E312-40DC-9DE6-8BF3025C1A5C.jpeg

Wow...very interesting.  I started to listen but will have to finish it later.  This happens to be a subject near and dear to my heart and one I've discussed with fellow fisherman here on the north shore of Long Island where our access to fishable water is severely limited.  We live on a big island here on Long Island but yet it's difficult for me to access water in order to fish.  Fisherman in other parts of the country would be astonished at how ridiculous it is here.  Especially on the north shore where every township has different permits that are required to access the water, and some of which cannot be accessed unless you actually live in that town.   For instance I can't access town beaches in the town of Smithtown which is 2 miles from where I live, never mind all the other towns that border the Long Island Sound heading all the way out east to Orient Point. So that's part of it, trying to access water in a town where you don't live. The other part, maybe even more frustrating, is the lack of access in my own home town. I reside in the town of Huntington which has some beaches but every single one is gated so you can't fish after dark or in most cases before 830AM. Anyway, I look forward to listening to the podcast, thanks.

On 12/1/2021 at 9:30 PM, Callmefish said:

No. I am not trying to down play what he is doing. I am trying to point out that he has been doing it for quite some time, and is way more involved then just this donation

listen to the latest episode of The guidepost podcast featuring Peter Jenkins.

apparently they’re having an access ( like, to the beach) problem in thier neck of the woods

Sorry, please see above post...new here and learning how to post correctly.

Peter Jenkins is a huge inspiration, and a man after my heart. He and rest of the ASWGA are doing the work, and providing a voice to us, the recreational anglers. Not just that, but the amount of education and just general good vibes he provides to anglers of all levels and subsets (surf, fly, boat) is astounding. His passion is evident and refreshing. 

If you care about the future and health of our fisheries, than your money is well spent at the saltwater edge!

3 mins ago, Domjolly said:

Peter Jenkins is a huge inspiration, and a man after my heart. He and rest of the ASWGA are doing the work, and providing a voice to us, the recreational anglers. Not just that, but the amount of education and just general good vibes he provides to anglers of all levels and subsets (surf, fly, boat) is astounding. His passion is evident and refreshing. 

If you care about the future and health of our fisheries, than your money is well spent at the saltwater edge!

Well said Dom!

Why aren’t you fishing?