Sudsy

Fishing reports for December 2021

Rate this topic

697 posts in this topic

49 mins ago, Goldy said:

The story i got was alligator in the back. A friend of a friend was out near the water and saw it. We think pet released

Dude... that’s some pet... 

Did they estimate the size? 

Short window to get out tonight after dusk. SoMoCo, end of incoming, no wind, flat ocean. Beautiful evening. 1 skunk saving 24” schoolie on a blurple SP. Back at it tomorrow.

OC 4:30-9:00 flat surf cold water, lots of eager participants but not much happening.  Avoided the skunk with a schoolie on my trusty blurple sp, saw one other guy hook up and loose it at the lip.  gonna try again tomorrow morning.

OC out front this evening 8-2am, hooked and lost one fish on a swimmer. Flat seas no white water. Checked an few other spots but no water or fish. I believe my good luck streak on the falling tide is ending and ill try to hit incoming water moving forward. 

MONCO flood just after dark- one 25+" on a Savage swimmer. Later-a dink at the lip.

Thought there would be a little more white water. Seemed like good conditions and it's always good to be 90 miles away giving it a shot.

12 hours ago, Goldy said:

The story i got was alligator in the back. A friend of a friend was out near the water and saw it. We think pet released

which bay......PM.

On a several outing slump right now. Hit just about all of moco outfront yesterday at spots that have produced. Nothing at all for me. Water stained, flat and void of life. Did see a large body of bunker well offshore heading south. 

NoMoCo 6:30-9 this a.m. About 10 guys spread out. Didn’t see any bent rods.  Good amount of birds working started at first light about 500 yards out. Made their way in to about 100 yards. Couldn’t see any surface action though. Tried SP, shad body, talking popper, tsunami sand eel. Skunked. Picked up a pork roll, egg & cheese on the way home. Best part of the day so far. Good luck.

Stayed local this morning and couldn't find them.  Flat clean water with nothing showing.  Did see a number of boats out there, but never saw them doing anything.  All in all a very quiet morning.  May just give it a rest until Monday.

Quiet morning. Went north for a change. No wind, flat ocean, clean water. Dead. Made a move further north, dead. Saw a seal pop up and made another move. Hit my last spot and saw the fleet off in the distance and then saw a boil. Went over, heart started to pound and saw it was 3 loons going berserk. Diving and then swimming the surface and repeat for about 20 sec. Perhaps a ball of bait or something. Changed to sand eel lures but nada. Oh well, Keep Choppin’

Back at it driving around OC this morning, got a rat on an sp on my first cast, ended up being the curse.  The guy next me to got a rat a few seconds before me (someone was saying something about how they travel in at least groups of 2), and a shad.  Didn’t see anyone else hook up the rest of the day.  Flat, clean, cold, water as far as the eye can see, saw birds working well off the beach a number of times, boats chasing them.  Once again, lots of futile participants, on the beach.