Sudsy

Fishing reports for December 2021

Rate this topic

697 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DeeMonee said:

Was all over today. Split sessions. NoMoCo/MoCo in the AM, 3 spots. Nada. Flat ocean, no wind, fair surf with a few suds, end of the incoming into the flip, clean water. Went south for the dusk bite. Wind out of the south, water still clean, surf was better, smelled fishy, end of incoming. Lost 1 decent fish early in the outing on an SP, but in the dark got my last keeper of 2021 on a tsunami eel. Hopefully that was a good omen for 2022.

Happy New Year’s gang! Hopefully I’ll be in shape to get out for the AM bite. Stay safe and I pray you all catch your PB in 2022…Tight Lines!

CECA1123-F44B-4AA5-87DC-963F44545BFC.jpeg

Fortunately, you posted prior to the cutoff. As you are aware, or should be, catches have to be posted in the year they are caught or they don't count. The Committee only allows a 10 minute grace period at midnight.  BTW, I hope that's a 6 inch sand eel. Anything caught on a bigger one, from Dec 15 to Dec 31, doesn't count. Given your proclivity to take photos at angles that makes everything look bigger, it's hard to gauge the size of the lure.

Fished today from 3:30am to 1pm. One short during the top of the out then nada. A few other guys caught a few on teasers. I found the deadish spots in the area with the big morning bite. 

Striper fishing was pretty good for me this year. Hopefully, next season is as good or better. 

Posted (edited)

Central MC from 9-1.  Nothing for me except a shad that came back without a tail.

I had my best year ever, so I'm not complaining too much.  Finally felt like some pieces are starting to come together for me.

Happy New Year to all!

Edited by Ash