Sudsy

Fishing reports for December 2021

Rate this topic

697 posts in this topic

On 12/20/2021 at 1:01 PM, hurricane1091 said:

General beaufort area all three days but I can point you more in the right direction. A guy from a bait and tackle told me after the fact if I would of casted in the other direction while spot locked where I was I would of limited out on Trout too. Would of liked to have known before hand lol

Hey Hurricane

Good morning. Sent you a note re: Beaufort etc. 

Giacommin

Good Christmas Eve morning out front today. 24-29” fish about half hour after sunrise for about an hour. They were absolutely exploding on the hydro minnow. Had one clear 2’ out the water hitting it and another beach itself. Nothing on the teaser interestingly. They were still around when I left but not as aggressive. Merry Christmas everyone!

BDAB964A-F8CE-4878-A7B6-021F90D8E3B4.jpeg

Started out south of the boarder again this morning.  Water looked great but there was not a whole lot happening.  Managed on under 20 inches on the teaser and that was it.  Packed in it there and went back over the boarder which turned out to be the right move.  Spot number 2 produced a couple at 25 inchers on the white swimmer and a third at 23 on the teaser, all in less than an hour.  Will take that as an early Christmas gift.  @DeeMonee you should have taken my advice and followed me to spot number 2 :laugh:.  Wishing everybody a very Merry Christmas.

DSCF3788.JPG

DSCF3790.JPG

DSCF3792.JPG

MoCo this morning, front and back.  Bupkis.  Can confirm there were a lot of fresh dead bunker laying around, not sure why.  Probably gonna be my last outing for a while.  Another tough fall for me, lotta skunks, but my confidence level is only growing.  Looking forward to posting some successful reports in the spring.  To those still out there trying, stay warm and catch’em up, and  to everyone have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

13 mins ago, JimK said:

Cold water holds more dissolved oxygen than warm water....

You're absolutely right. My misreading of it some time ago. Mea culpa (had to correct my Latin. Sister Mary Arthur would have been apoplectic).

Edited by nam1969

15 mins ago, nam1969 said:

You're absolutely right. My misreading of it some time ago. Mea culpa (had to correct my Latin. Sister Mary Arthur would have been apoplectic).

watch out for that yard stick !!!

45 mins ago, nam1969 said:

I'm sure you could seek some sort of absolution from the committee..