Sudsy

Fishing reports for December 2021

Rate this topic

697 posts in this topic

54 mins ago, Foureel said:

Gotta love those SP's  What a great lure that catches fish and easy on the wallet.  

I know you're being sarcastic, but I catch on them.  

Super slow pick of finicky fish out back MoCo and OC last night 7-3am. Could only get a few hits then they either moved or stop taking that lure. End up with 10 to 25inches.

Edited by MVTee

Moco Out front and out back sunset to 9pm landed 7 cookie cutter 24” popped off one that was bigger. It was cold and when that wind started to really crank I started to wonder wtf I was doing out there. Jig+sluggo and mambo minnows

12 hours ago, Danny1199 said:

I know you're being sarcastic, but I catch on them.  

Actually, no, they are always in my bag and I catch on them too

Headed south today. Nice surf, light westerly,  middle of incoming, found 1 20” bass on the teaser to stop the skunk streak. Walked a bit and my GPS tracker started alarming and found Santa aka @MC55catching some fish. Fished a bit with Mike, got an early Xmas gift and called it a morning. May give it a go later for the dusk bite. 

20 hours ago, DelP said:

Well, I couldn’t get myself to hang up the gear. Went to another spot today from 9:00-11:00 in NoMoCo about a mile south of my Monday skunk. Same spot I landed my first fall striper in October. Ended up catching four in the 20” range, one that threw the hook after launching like a tarpon, and another bump that felt sizeable.  Also saw some splashing and disturbed water about 100 yards out moving slowly south with a dozen birds diving occasionally.  Was using a teaser and SP.  First time ever catching a striper on the SP for me.  Only caught fluke on it prior to this. 

BE89D9BF-D24D-44E7-8143-112B4EA8973E.jpeg

The color of your SP is a great color when herring are around:read:

Went south of the boarder this morning in the frosty weather.  As @DeeMonee said, very nice water conditions out there so was hopeful of finding some fish.  Turned out to be the case landing 5 up to 26 1/2 inches.  Surprised nothing went for the teaser as has been the case recently.  Had them on the white swimmer or one of vintage Visions I still have.  Plan to head back out to that same area in the morning and hopefully they stick around.  Dennis, was great seeing you this morning.  Funny how this was the first time we bumped into each other all year.

DSCF3785.JPG

DSCF3786.JPG

17 hours ago, outfished1957 said:

Nice catch. SP's are a go to lure. A Bronze Mag Darter is another to keep in bag.

Not catching much out front lately, but every fish or hit I've had out front over the last week has been on bronze maggie.

Got home from work at 4 and hit same spot as last night- Conditions even better- 7 WGT- only love was from the shad and they were getting annoying after a bit- Tons of shad balled up and nothing on them, yea they do smell. 

8 hours ago, DeeMonee said:

Headed south today. Nice surf, light westerly,  middle of incoming, found 1 20” bass on the teaser to stop the skunk streak. Walked a bit and my GPS tracker started alarming and found Santa aka @MC55catching some fish. Fished a bit with Mike, got an early Xmas gift and called it a morning. May give it a go later for the dusk bite. 

@MC55  mentioned to me this afternoon that someone tried mugging him for his spot. I didn't realize it was you!

Decent pick of fish inside moco Christmas Eve morning. :angel:  pre dawn.  1st 2 hours of incoming.. occasional snow showers made it perfect.  6 bass  24 to just about 28 in., most 26-27 inches.  Several other bumps and a couple other dropped off, one that, of course, felt a little bigger.  Fish split evenly between yo zuri crystal minnow and SP. 

Between me and my buddy we landed 6 rats. He even snagged an adult bunker in OC yesterday mid morning. Teasers kettle Creek’s and mag daughter