Sudsy

Fishing reports for December 2021

Rate this topic

697 posts in this topic

As others have said, many ways to fish it. But let it sink and retrieve slow with sporadic twitches is what it’s made to do. You can work various parts of the water column with it once you figure out what it’s doing in the water. Lol and yes I do use it out front in fast moving water at times, feel like it imitates a bait fish in trouble in fast water. But definitely more effective for me in slower water. This and the hydro minnow have been my go to this fall.

9 hours ago, adams54 said:

Work it with various pauses random pauses twitches and slow. With that lure you can do whatever you want with it. Its more for calm water though. Que the responses that say they use it on 6-8ft seas.

9 hours ago, Kooky said:

It sinks slow, cast out and def let it sink for a little bit. Slow retrieve with twitches and then a pause.  The pause is key, this is generally when it gets slammed. I like in calm water and lighter current.  It doesnt sink fast so a fast current tends to keep up high in column and not the same action.  Killer plug when fish are stuck on peanuts

I did notice that it sinks very slow  Almost kinda suspends ...   I'll have to remember to incorporate the pause... 

Thanks for your responses.   I 'll give it a try in calmer water. 

15 hours ago, adams54 said:

Work it with various pauses random pauses twitches and slow. With that lure you can do whatever you want with it. Its more for calm water though. Que the responses that say they use it on 6-8ft seas.

Que means what in Spanish. 

5 hours ago, Sudsy said:

There are still fish up here in Monmouth County

Stopped to try a spot way in the back and hit the motherload, stopped counting at 15 and caught one every two or three casts for at least another hour and and a half until the tide totally dropped out and the bite with it.

Most at the 25 to 26" range with a few keepers tossed in, one came home to be turned into fishcakes.

7' rod, 5000 Shimano reel, 1/4 oz ball jigs (we make our own with 5/0 hooks) with white Finess Fish were the ticket. I'll bet loaded sluggos would have been killer if I had had any.

I may just pack it up for the season to end on a high note

Nobody likes a quitter.

Nice evening to be out last night, nice and warm for this time of the year. Outback, managed only 1 fish all evening on a yellow SP minnow, which I lost on the very next cast due to excellent casting skills. 

Couldn't find them this morning.  No problem with the conditions, just no bait and no fish found.  I'm sure they are still out there so back at it in the morning to track them down and sidestep pepe.

Had an hour and got a couple speckled trout down here including one for the table. Tomorrow I got all day. Gonna try to make it count boys since it looks like it might be snowing when I get back. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Charter guys this AM said the fish in the bay have moved....had to travel to find'em.

Where they at? Lol. What did the charter guys tell ya:waiting:. Good lord...how much more attention do you need man.