Sudsy

Fishing reports for December 2021

Rate this topic

697 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, For His Honor said:

NY. this morning. Tried my usual spot but nothing. Went a little east and landed 11. 1 on top water, the rest on 5" white swim bait. Mostly fat schoolies but fun in the surf!

Hope to be in Jersey next week.

Blessings!

IMG_0653.jpeg

IMG_0652.jpeg

Is that the Al Gag’s swim bait? Love those. Caught all but one of my stripers on the blue body this fall.

Knew the good luck streak had to end at some point.  They just weren't chomping this morning.  Saw very little bait around which could have been the problem.  Let's just hope this is a very short walk with Image result for Pepe Le Pew Skunk

Back out in the morning.

Late report from last night:

I was hoping the stormy conditions would bring me some stripes last night. But it wasn’t meant to be. Moderate SW, beginning of outgoing, great looking surf. Hit 3 spots MoCo…nada. 

50 mins ago, R.O.G said:

Yozuri Twitchbait is correct. Great lure once you figure out the action on it.

I picked up a couple of those but have not been having much luck with them.   Can you share how you use them.   Any info about letting it sink ,  retrieve, pauses, twitches would be greatly appreciated

Thank  You  

On 12/14/2021 at 11:43 PM, Sam3631 said:

I was skunked twice today.  5:30 am - 7:15 am central OC at my usual spot.  Saw the meteor shower; very cool.  No life in good conditions.

Had a work holiday lunch at a beachfront restaurant in Central Monmouth county that finished at 4 pm.  Traveled a bit south but stayed in Monmouth and found a spot between jetties at dusk and dark.   Thought it was a great spot.  Excited to finally fish near structure but no bumps or bites. Did see the severed head of a sea gull and caught a skate.  

Did you keep the skate?  Good eating!

17 hours ago, UncleJohn said:

I picked up a couple of those but have not been having much luck with them.   Can you share how you use them.   Any info about letting it sink ,  retrieve, pauses, twitches would be greatly appreciated

Thank  You  

Work it with various pauses random pauses twitches and slow. With that lure you can do whatever you want with it. Its more for calm water though. Cue the responses that say they use it on 6-8ft seas.

Edited by adams54

1 hour ago, UncleJohn said:

Thank  You  

It sinks slow, cast out and def let it sink for a little bit. Slow retrieve with twitches and then a pause.  The pause is key, this is generally when it gets slammed. I like in calm water and lighter current.  It doesnt sink fast so a fast current tends to keep up high in column and not the same action.  Killer plug when fish are stuck on peanuts

5 hours ago, MC55 said:

Knew the good luck streak had to end at some point.  They just weren't chomping this morning.  Saw very little bait around which could have been the problem.  Let's just hope this is a very short walk with Image result for Pepe Le Pew Skunk

Back out in the morning.

Only took you three days to wipe the nest out!