Sudsy

Fishing reports for December 2021

Rate this topic

697 posts in this topic

Hit my honey hole again last night. A little slower than it's been lately but I still managed five fish on the evening. Most of the fish came on the yozuri crystal minnow late incoming tide. After the tide change fish became more active on the surface.. but the wind was unfavorable to make a good presentation with the small skinny profile lures they wanted.. Highlight of the night was meeting up with another SOL'er  who I got to witness shake the skunk:).. and evidently pulled a double fishing shift yesterday bases upon his earlier report..:th:

Edited by JimK

Very quiet by me although the wind change has stirred things a little No bait and not a bump this morning The complete absence of any gannets, gulls, terns, or cormorants - not one - should have been a strong clue that everything is well South of me

7 mins ago, suntzu said:

Very quiet by me although the wind change has stirred things a little No bait and not a bump this morning The complete absence of any gannets, gulls, terns, or cormorants - not one - should have been a strong clue that everything is well South of me

South of you eh? Why all of a sudden do I have this urge to pitch a tent in your backyard?

6 mins ago, adams54 said:

South of you eh? Why all of a sudden do I have this urge to pitch a tent in your backyard?

Not much room back there with the new outdoor shower extravaganza my wife built but the garden has been cleaned up so that’s open. Outfront you will enjoy a blustery SSE wind and a barren sea. Sometimes I am truthful Will try a new location later

4 mins ago, suntzu said:

Not much room back there with the new outdoor shower extravaganza my wife built but the garden has been cleaned up so that’s open. Outfront you will enjoy a blustery SSE wind and a barren sea. Sometimes I am truthful Will try a new location later

You are truthful thats for sure. I might as well had a tent yesterday with all that time i spent down by you. I explored so many pockets that barren sea is very accurate.

Been doing pretty good outback in  MoCo in the yak. Took the day off to hit it again but the SE winds made condition unfavorable, so stuck to shore. Managed 1 just short and missed another. Will be trying outfront this weekend.

20211215_115355.jpg

Mid OC out front... hoped the easterly would be a charm, but not for me. First cast in the dark was like I bellied up to Salad Works.

No birds, 2 pairs of boots, no bites.

Next time..

NY. this morning. Tried my usual spot but nothing. Went a little east and landed 11. 1 on top water, the rest on 5" white swim bait. Mostly fat schoolies but fun in the surf!

Hope to be in Jersey next week.

Blessings!

IMG_0653.jpeg

IMG_0652.jpeg

1 hour ago, For His Honor said:

NY. this morning. Tried my usual spot but nothing. Went a little east and landed 11. 1 on top water, the rest on 5" white swim bait. Mostly fat schoolies but fun in the surf!

Hope to be in Jersey next week.

Blessings!

IMG_0653.jpeg

IMG_0652.jpeg

Bring those bass with you!!!

28 mins ago, R.O.G said:

Still on quality fish. They have to turn that corner sooner or later. Hopefully they move after the new year.

C9057F70-6544-4039-817F-9AA05DCDB023.jpeg

Yeah... if they stay they are off limits... been thinking the same about the fish I've been into...

Was going to give it a break till sat but couldn't resist with a light SE and all that sweet white water. Found a few outfront. 5 from 18 to 26" on SP and purple Darter. Water still feels warm to me. Beautiful night out!