Sudsy

Fishing reports for December 2021

Rate this topic

697 posts in this topic

15 mins ago, SnoozeFishing said:

Yeah I love andrus, they’re just getting harder and harder to find with the colors I want. I reached out to S&S as this has annoyed me. Let’s see what they say, I mean compared to my andrus bucktails the S&S use no sealant on their thread. Maybe that’s the problem? This bucktail has two dinks under its belt. Fail. 

A19A7E02-8D6E-4B05-9E60-8D170B2255C8.jpeg

Thats a clear indication of flawed tying. If you tug on the hair it will come out. The threads dont even look like they have anything on them

Had to be in OC for a game. Knew it was blowin’ but did some recon on the way back and saw beautiful clean sudsy surf up and down. Steady S wind, beginning of outgoing, gorgeous juicy surf. Short window to fish and picked 1 20” on a BT to avoid the skunk. It was nice to finally get out there since earlier in the week. Back at it tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

Thats a clear indication of flawed tying. If you tug on the hair it will come out. The threads dont even look like they have anything on them

Yeah, we spoke on the phone, I guess it was just a bad run of that color, he's taking care of me and was prompt in doing so. I'll give them another shot, with the new batch I receive. 

OC mid day outfront. Water was rippin but clean and tons of white. 3 ounce bt with 8 inch worm got slammed on first cast keeper. Great fight in that slop. Missed 2 others but it was a lot of fun fishing that surf with 0 people anywhere in sight. Down to my farmer Jon since I had 2 pair of waders take quit on me recently. Water still warm guys 

3 hours ago, SnoozeFishing said:

Yeah I love andrus, they’re just getting harder and harder to find with the colors I want. I reached out to S&S as this has annoyed me. Let’s see what they say, I mean compared to my andrus bucktails the S&S use no sealant on their thread. Maybe that’s the problem? This bucktail has two dinks under its belt. Fail. 

A little super glue on the threads  prior to first use has always worked like gold for me. Even getting some of the glue on the start of the hair helps. I found that you can pick up ‘thin’ super glue in the HOBBY section of a popular craft store. They sell it for 3 bucks - you can choose thin, medium and thick. The thin saturates easily into the thread and is a quick fix. Also works well for knots if you think it could pull out... 

Tried out front this afternoon with no luck than headed to back. About 150 yards out from where I was wading fish were breaking on adult bunker.  The boils, and busts looked pretty big. Amazing the bay is still so alive. They never came close but I took some shots anyway. Skunked. 

5 hours ago, SnoozeFishing said:

Dan Tinman might be able to help you out in the commercial BST section

Be back on sand 12/19, save some bAss for me. Thought I’d share this years winning lot of lures. All produced at one time lr another all year. Only one missing is the chicken scratch bomber since it’s attached to rod.. fun fact the I call smelt colored bomber is my fathers, it’s older then I am I think.. feel like it’s always been hanging since I can remember, maybe 35-40 year old lure? Replace hooks, catch fish. Missing lures would be stubbys, bigger metal lips and lipless swimmers, those also rocked out. 

6CE99A8D-F798-4FBF-ADE7-32B03089492B.jpeg

Edited by BigBen425

10 mins ago, BigBen425 said:

Be back on sand 12/19, save some bAss for me. Thought I’d share this years winning lot of lures. All produced at one time lr another all year.

6CE99A8D-F798-4FBF-ADE7-32B03089492B.jpeg

who's darter is that? 

34 mins ago, BigBen425 said:

Superstrike ZZ6 Neon Yellow :ginzo:

It looks small as hell. Man I would kill for a 5 inch super strike darter for the winter lol.

2 mins ago, SnoozeFishing said:

It looks small as hell. Man I would kill for a 5 inch super strike darter for the winter lol.

For scale the black bomber is a long A 7". My biggest learn this year was throw bigger unless heavy small bait is relevant and present. Even then, bigger lures won 95% of fish for me. 

5 hours ago, BigBen425 said:

For scale the black bomber is a long A 7". My biggest learn this year was throw bigger unless heavy small bait is relevant and present. Even then, bigger lures won 95% of fish for me. 

Now that is a golden tip. Thanks. 

:ginzo: