Sudsy

Fishing reports for December 2021

Rate this topic

697 posts in this topic

Waaay out back. Had an hour to fish and only managed 1 schoolie. Back at it tonight, well maybe, hopefully a bottle of beer won't appear in front of me. 

Ventured way south (for me) this morning. Walked on to what looked like some activity just beyond the bar and I was feeling good. Wasn’t to be. Beautiful water and weather, but the most action to be had was guys cruising up and down the beach looking for fish that didn’t seem to be there. Tried a few other spots on the way home. Skunk. 

Couldn't take another skunk

outfront, so splashed the sled outback moco. Got 5 and lost a few. 18-32". Fish were on gliders and shads. Lots of bunker present.

Edited by KrocFoot
Spelling

I never really understood why someone would buy a VS. I think I get it now. My reel has been soaked too many times and didn't spin so well. Took it apart and greased it and good as new but so much sand and salt inside it. If your reel gets wet all the time I guess maybe a VS is worth it after all

Out front MoCO 12-330 for the outgoing, steady bite of dinks on a bucktail. Also wanted to vent alittle about S&S bucktails. The durability of their hair is absolutely terrible, it sucks because I like everything else about them, have the best color selection of an off the shelf brand but holy crap, I’ve gone through like 3, 3/4 bucktails in 2 nights because the hair falls out like it’s nothing. I have some andrus in my bag from last year that still look fine. Rant over. 

6 hours ago, hurricane1091 said:

I never really understood why someone would buy a VS. I think I get it now. My reel has been soaked too many times and didn't spin so well. Took it apart and greased it and good as new but so much sand and salt inside it. If your reel gets wet all the time I guess maybe a VS is worth it after all

Im one of those guys who fishes w cheaper gear..Always looking to find the best deal. Last spring I was on a hot bluefish bite one morning. Blue after blue on my set up all large gators...guy comes down next to me with all the best stuff...his 3rd fish he comes walking past me as I have a fish on..."work?" I ask..he says no My VS reel handle just completely bent...that 80$ reel I have still works like a charm.Maybe a random occurrence but that reel did not seem worth the money.I also know next to nothing about vs ...I just know it costs a lot more than my penn persuit. Maybe they quality has gone down? Id like to add it was also a smaller sized reel.

Fished the last 2 hours of the evening tide moco out back last night.. had to work a little harder and mix up presentations but found the schoolies again. 8 fish.  Mag darters and shads.:wee:

Three fish skunk last nigh since by the end of the night that’s how it felt. Fished 5:15pm-3am. Found a rat before dead low. Moved multiple times to find two more. Lots of work for shorts. Couldn’t find that epic sand eel schoolies night. Called it quits when the wind shifted.I was so tired I could make it home in a straight shot. I had to pull over and nap.

2 hours ago, SnoozeFishing said:

Out front MoCO 12-330 for the outgoing, steady bite of dinks on a bucktail. Also wanted to vent alittle about S&S bucktails. The durability of their hair is absolutely terrible, it sucks because I like everything else about them, have the best color selection of an off the shelf brand but holy crap, I’ve gone through like 3, 3/4 bucktails in 2 nights because the hair falls out like it’s nothing. I have some andrus in my bag from last year that still look fine. Rant over. 

Synthetic or bucktail hair ? Are the wraps unraveling where the hair is tied in ? When i lose hair on the jigs, its usually because the wraps got dinged too many times and the thread starts unwinding. Sometimes epoxy or zap a gap will repair it at least temporarily. 

13 hours ago, For His Honor said:

Did well the last 2 days in N.Y. 15 yesterday and about 7 today. 

Blessings!

IMG_0644.jpeg

IMG_0645.jpeg

Isnt there a NY thread you can post in