Sudsy

Fishing reports for December 2021

Rate this topic

697 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, wefish138 said:

Had a good pick on ocean county tonight. 1144 mag darters, small ru ru swimmers, kettle creeks all produced. Sand eels have definitely come in, but they are very sporadic and spread out. Nothing over 26”, but a good number of fish. 

Sorry for my ignorance,  but could you post a pic of those ruru swimmers you speak of ???

4 hours ago, jckcrr said:

Sorry for my ignorance,  but could you post a pic of those ruru swimmers you speak of ???

Just thin profile swimmers. Ru Ru makes awesome swimming plugs at great prices. Fish catchers for sure. 

FDE5418E-C229-4CA2-A806-F2B08BCD3FE0.jpeg

2 hours ago, wefish138 said:

Just thin profile swimmers. Ru Ru makes awesome swimming plugs at great prices. Fish catchers for sure. 

I have something like that from Z Shore Customs

Out front in lower OC from 6-8.  Water was low but fishable.  Saw only one other angler.  Didn’t see him hookup and he didn’t see me hookup.  Might be done fishing in the mornings…. Chilly.  

4 hours ago, wefish138 said:

Thanks 

I literally saw the skunk, lived the skunk, but thankfully didn’t smell the skunk in the wee hours in cape may county well into the outgoing.

1 hour ago, jeffapeikin said:

I literally saw the skunk, lived the skunk, but thankfully didn’t smell the skunk in the wee hours in cape may county well into the outgoing.

You might have covid if you cant smell the skunk. Ask me how i know

1 hour ago, adams54 said:

You might have covid if you cant smell the skunk. Ask me how i know

Well that stinks.  :wee:  Was gonna try and hit our common area tonight or tomorrow night and pound sand and see if you wanted to join but now I'm reconsidering. 

7 mins ago, SnoozeFishing said:

MoCO 2200 - 0230 for the outgoing last night, threw a big sluggo and a darter at about 5-6 rock piles during slack tide hoping to raise a bigger fish with no love. Put on a 1/2 oz bucktail on the way back to the car and caught 1 dink at every pile 2 hours into the outgoing. Those fish were super lazy last night, barely any fight in them. Also caught a couple 100lb Blue Fin at the lip before I called it a night. 

Common occurrence now, not impressed.

11 mins ago, fishless said:

Well that stinks.  :wee:  Was gonna try and hit our common area tonight or tomorrow night and pound sand and see if you wanted to join but now I'm reconsidering. 

Good thing i spared you guys on the squid fling..we would have had to rename it the coronavirus super spreader fling.

18 mins ago, adams54 said:

Good thing i spared you guys on the squid fling..we would have had to rename it the coronavirus super spreader fling.

Feel better man. I also had it in July. I had to do smell and taste training to get it back, basically smelled essential oils each morning and chewed on a cinnamon stick and cloves (don't swallow). It actually worked.