charsea

SCOTUS to overturn Roe v Wade?

Rate this topic

225 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Mokes said:

I actually said.....I think 12 weeks should be the cut off? I don't care. 

Look, my wife was abused, beaten and raped by her ex and he got her pregnant. She went through hell getting away from him and got an abortion.  

30+ years later she cries and lives with awful guilt about ending that life, but the thought of having that monster's kid or being tied to him wasn't something she could endure. 

If you meet my wife and look close, you'll see both her ear lobes are split in two, from where he ripped her earrings out.  He stabbed her in the leg with a frigging Allen wrench. 

Spare me the bs about the fetus. I don't care. I have seen the toll abortion takes on normal women, not hood rat whores, who use it as birth control.

Freedom is being able TO CHOOSE. PERIOD. 

Agree 100%

Here’s the bottom line, you’re not going to keep choice if it has to come, in your mind, with aborting an eight month old fetus.  You’re just not.  And you shouldn’t, because abortions at that stage are morally reprehensible.  Period.  If you can’t admit that, then discussion over and let’s vote on it.

So, you better start dealing with either placing some reasonable limits on this practice, or giving it to the states to do so as their citizens choose.  I would be astounded with any state didn’t continue to allow abortions in the 12-22 month range, especially in cases of rape or health issues.  But like it or not, “fetal homicide” is also a widely accepted principle.  Mothers are not going to be allowed to do it themselves past a reasonable compromise on a viability date.  

And you know what…at the end of the day, not only is it not going to affect that many women, but it’s the only moral path.

24 mins ago, Nessmuk said:

Here’s the bottom line, you’re not going to keep choice if it has to come, in your mind, with aborting an eight month old fetus.  You’re just not.  And you shouldn’t, because abortions at that stage are morally reprehensible.  Period.  If you can’t admit that, then discussion over and let’s vote on it.

So, you better start dealing with either placing some reasonable limits on this practice, or giving it to the states to do so as their citizens choose.  I would be astounded with any state didn’t continue to allow abortions in the 12-22 month range, especially in cases of rape or health issues.  But like it or not, “fetal homicide” is also a widely accepted principle.  Mothers are not going to be allowed to do it themselves past a reasonable compromise on a viability date.  

And you know what…at the end of the day, not only is it not going to affect that many women, but it’s the only moral path.

About 25% of all pregnancies in the U.S. are aborted (nearly 5% of those are married women).    I would say "not affect that many women" is wrong

2 mins ago, KnewBee said:

About 25% of all pregnancies in the U.S. are aborted (nearly 5% of those are married women).    I would say "not affect that many women" is wrong

That’s because you’re pretending this could restrict all abortions, which virtually NO ONE expects.

And 25% is flat out disgusting, anyway.  Heaven help us all if that goes down to 23%.

abortion is a terrible thing as it not caring for the child when after birth-dont preach about saving the life then vote against every policy and social program to help the child after birth.

2 mins ago, superstriper said:

abortion is a terrible thing as it not caring for the child when after birth-dont preach about saving the life then vote against every policy and social program to help the child after birth.

Probably because those policies and programs generally exacerbate the problem 

10 mins ago, superstriper said:

kinda my feeling on the topic,

many who want to make abortion illegal seem fixated on punishing women who get pregnant.

9 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

many who want to make abortion illegal seem fixated on punishing women who get pregnant.

Not in reality

troll on 

1 hour ago, superstriper said:

This is a very common, and dumb, take. 

1 min ago, HugeDinghy said:

Independents will value the states rights angle over it being about the ability to kill babies. 

I'm sure you want to believe that,

but I don't think it's true.

I think most people don't believe their rights should be an issue decided by state governments.

Just because I don’t want you to kill your kid doesn’t mean I have some responsibility for its cost or development. 

3 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

I think most people don't believe their rights should be an issue decided by state governments.

But by the Fed's instead? 

Weird :rolleyes: