charsea

SCOTUS to overturn Roe v Wade?

Rate this topic

225 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, KnewBee said:

According to Pew research, 59% of Mississippians think abortion should be legal "in all/most cases"   

I think I read that at the time of the Dred Scott decision, more than half of the country was in favor of slavery…,

The Court followed the majority, and made the worst decision in their history…

I’ll try to find 

8 mins ago, charsea said:

I think I read that at the time of the Dred Scott decision, more than half of the country was in favor of slavery…,

The Court followed the majority, and made the worst decision in their history…

I’ll try to find 

The percentage that favors legal and safe abortion is not relevant to the case at hand.  The percentage is relevant to an idea that "voters" would choose to criminalize abortion.  Ya know, that whole "people" equation that led me to post the info.   

i.e., if put to the voters and not a very, very small minority of legislators, the people would choose legal abortion.  

On 11/30/2021 at 1:51 PM, ridenfish said:

This is not a good time to drive Independents and middle leaning people away from the Republican party, especially whit how bad the Biden administration is screwing up the country. Why can't they just leave RvW alone?

These release of "may" or "might" are usually just to rally political support. 

I wouldnt expect any changes to roe v wade except an allowable timeframe.

10 hours ago, 55555s said:

The SC wont overturn anything that substnatial.   They know they'll be hunted down and killed by the BLMantifaDemocult.

The SC will let idea get bounced around for political reasons, though.

20 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Considering the overwhelming majority that favors legal abortion, seems like a poor hill to die on for the GOP.   

I'm not quite sure it's "overwhelming" and I know for sure not all Republicans are against it. To me, and this may sound stupid, I think late term abortion, where the baby can survive outside the womb, is murder and early term abortion where they can't survive outside the womb is perfectly OK. There are too many people in this world already, we are slowly killing ourselves in our own waste, we don't need more unwanted children.

Just now, Bass Ackwards said:

To me, and this may sound stupid, I think late term abortion, where the baby can survive outside the womb, is murder and early term abortion where they can't survive outside the womb is perfectly OK.

That’s not stupid (and I’m being serious). Seems like a reasonable starting point.

1 min ago, Bass Ackwards said:

we don't need more unwanted children.

Being “wanted” or “unwanted” has no bearing on the intrinsic value of a human life. It is a defect of the parent(s), not the baby…

44 mins ago, charsea said:

Being “wanted” or “unwanted” has no bearing on the intrinsic value of a human life. It is a defect of the parent(s), not the baby…

I totally agree with you, that's why I said "this might sound stupid". I also feel it's a justifiable murder if the baby isn't wanted and can't survive outside the womb. The human population is slowly drowning in their own waste, there are too many people in this world already.

1 hour ago, Bass Ackwards said:

I'm not quite sure it's "overwhelming" and I know for sure not all Republicans are against it. To me, and this may sound stupid, I think late term abortion, where the baby can survive outside the womb, is murder and early term abortion where they can't survive outside the womb is perfectly OK. There are too many people in this world already, we are slowly killing ourselves in our own waste, we don't need more unwanted children.

A lot of people feel that way but those thoughts dont serve either party very well.

24 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

I totally agree with you, that's why I said "this might sound stupid". I also feel it's a justifiable murder if the baby isn't wanted and can't survive outside the womb. The human population is slowly drowning in their own waste, there are too many people in this world already.

A) You don’t agree with me. 

B) No such thing as justifiable         
     murder for an innocent

human baby. 

C) If the world is so bad maybe

YOU should consider 

leaving ….

1 min ago, charsea said:

A) You don’t agree with me. 

Whatever

B) No such thing as justifiable         
     murder for an innocent

human baby. 

Whatever

C) If the world is so bad maybe

YOU should consider 

leaving ….

Goodbye :wave:

12 hours ago, Nessmuk said:

Unfortunately, I don’t think the Justices have it in them to decide this as a Constitutional issue without regard to the politics.  You can just imagine the gears are turning.  “We’ll, it’s obviously not addressed in the Constitution, so by the Constitution itself that makes it a State issue, but if we do our jobs and make this decision based on the Constitution all hell will break loose and the left will start burning more chit.”

Kind of like immigration?

Just now, Gamakatsu said:

So should they both be matters left to the states or federally regulated?

Immigration and the requisite borders/border security required to administer the policy is (should be) federal.  Abortion should not be legal, but I suppose should be left to states to decide.