jwb22

Drill Press Vise

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Anyone have any recommendations on a decent drill press vise?  I'm not looking to break the bank - trying to keep it under $100.  I am thinking of going w/ something that is 5 or 6 inches wide.  I have been eyeing the Grizzly ones but have never used their products.

I have a spare so when you get access to the BST forum contact me and I'll put one up there for you

I'll forget so it's up to you to remind me

20 hours ago, jwb22 said:

Anyone have any recommendations on a decent drill press vise?  I'm not looking to break the bank - trying to keep it under $100.  I am thinking of going w/ something that is 5 or 6 inches wide.  I have been eyeing the Grizzly ones but have never used their products.

Depends on what you're drilling. A 5 or 6" is pretty large and heavy. I do a lot of small parts and prefer a 2.5" machinist vise that you can turn on it's side. I have a 3" screwless and several other DP vises, and still prefer the 2.5". 

vise.PNG.765f196212d0597f6d7a2754a59f7802.PNG

3 hours ago, gellfex said:

Depends on what you're drilling. A 5 or 6" is pretty large and heavy. I do a lot of small parts and prefer a 2.5" machinist vise that you can turn on it's side. I have a 3" screwless and several other DP vises, and still prefer the 2.5". 

vise.PNG.765f196212d0597f6d7a2754a59f7802.PNG

thats what i use. the one i made in high school back in 1984.

10 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

thats what i use. the one i made in high school back in 1984.

I've known other guys that made one of those too. Unfortunately I was a science and art geek and didn't make it to HS machine shop class. Had to learn it all along the way.